Bender Books for sale

WW1, Inter-War or WW2 related items you have for sale. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in this section.
raedwald

Bender Books for sale

Post by raedwald » 12 May 2022, 13:35

I am selling most of my books published by Bender during the next few months. I can only ship to the UK. First up are the two volumes by John Angolia on the HJ. £200 for both. Both are in very good condition. Please pm me if interested.
Attachments
IMG_7621 (Copy).jpg
IMG_7618 (Copy).jpg

Hans1906
Banned

Re: Bender Books for sale

Post by Hans1906 » 13 May 2022, 20:49

Way too expensive!

Many copies in German antiquarian book shops for well under 100,- for Volumes 1 and 2, the book is not a real sensation.

On german flea markets/book markets less than 50,- Euro for part 1 and part 2, also easy to find...

The book is not rare, one should not overestimate the work.

The "cult" surrounding the Angolia books is long gone, everything is online, everything, and much more...

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 13 May 2022, 21:49

The "cult" surrounding the Angolia books is long gone, everything is online, everything, and much more...
I disagree, Angola books are still appreciated by veteran collectors, and they may not be known to the young...
I have many, but I would like to have them all.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 13 May 2022, 22:18

thoma, the name was "Angolia", you need the links to download all this, really?

The links are illegal, everything is there...

We met Mr. Angolia already in the early 1970s, in a american US Army installation in the Frankfurt region.

Behind him a large open box, a stack of American dollars on the table, the man bought everything that was good.
Everything, no joke, I experienced it myself, that was John Angolia, and that was a long time ago...

To us, another american collector,, there were no books back then from his side, you wanted to sell, he paid, daggers, gorgets, whatever...

Do not tell me about the "early" years, we were into all this...

A Luftwaffe Officer was 350.- German Mark, a Luftwaffe "Borddolch" 500,- another SA-Dolch 250,- SS-Dolch 550,- SS "Kettendolch" less than 1000,-
German Marks, etc...
Decades ago, but it was like this, a lot of money in the 1970s, a lot...

I'll tell you something, you can eat anything, but you can't know everything, this rule still applies today. :wink:

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

von thoma

Post by von thoma » 14 May 2022, 00:20

Well, I still think that Angolia's books, and Bender's in general, never go out of style, because they don't talk about modern topics at all.
Are certainly expensive, but good things always cost, and collecting are not basic necessities.
you need the links to download all this, really ?

The links are illegal, everything is there...
I'm talking about collecting physical books, not downloads...
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

raedwald

Post by raedwald » 15 May 2022, 09:00

HJ books now sold. Other titles will be available soon.

Return to “For Sale & Wanted”