► Photothread: Interesting eBay pics

A section dedicated to photo threads on panzer and other Axis vehicles.
Roger Griffiths
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: 29 Apr 2003 23:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Roger Griffiths » 25 Feb 2010 01:15

Sander D wrote:.

Pz.Bef.Wg.III Ausf.K ( E-bay )

Image

Regards
.
My gut feeling is this is an Obs Panzer III from 16PD in Italy 1943.

Roger.

Roger Griffiths
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: 29 Apr 2003 23:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Roger Griffiths » 25 Feb 2010 01:21

peeved wrote:Tiger II & Goliaths (Source eBay.de).

Markus
That's a Panther and never seen the pic. before. That's a beauty. Tactical number is something05. Will have to think about that.

Roger

Roger Griffiths
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: 29 Apr 2003 23:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Roger Griffiths » 25 Feb 2010 01:23

peeved wrote:Pz. IV towed by maybe Crusader Gun Tractor (Source eBay.de).

Markus
12 SS PD 837, Normandy.

Roger

Alanmccoubrey
Financial supporter
Posts: 3244
Joined: 19 Sep 2008 13:44

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 25 Feb 2010 17:51

Roger Griffiths wrote:
Sander D wrote:.

Pz.Bef.Wg.III Ausf.K ( E-bay )

Image

Regards
.
My gut feeling is this is an Obs Panzer III from 16PD in Italy 1943.

Roger.
Roger, Your gut would be wrong I'm afraid, that is a Pz III K, not ethe Pz IV turret, 5cm L/60 gun in a half width mantlet with the driver's type visor on the remaining section of the turret front and the rod antenna mounting on the right moved forward to beside the hull radio operator's position, all Pz III K features. On the BeobachtungsPz III the dummy gun was offset to the right, where the visor is in the pic and the MG was mounted in the centre of the mantlet.

Something else, the original "Luftwaffe" SdKfz 251/17 is as pictured above in use by the HG.
Alan

Roger Griffiths
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: 29 Apr 2003 23:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Roger Griffiths » 25 Feb 2010 19:02

Alanmccoubrey wrote:
Roger Griffiths wrote:
Sander D wrote:.

Pz.Bef.Wg.III Ausf.K ( E-bay )

Image

Regards
.
My gut feeling is this is an Obs Panzer III from 16PD in Italy 1943.

Roger.
Roger, Your gut would be wrong I'm afraid, that is a Pz III K, not ethe Pz IV turret, 5cm L/60 gun in a half width mantlet with the driver's type visor on the remaining section of the turret front and the rod antenna mounting on the right moved forward to beside the hull radio operator's position, all Pz III K features. On the BeobachtungsPz III the dummy gun was offset to the right, where the visor is in the pic and the MG was mounted in the centre of the mantlet.

Something else, the original "Luftwaffe" SdKfz 251/17 is as pictured above in use by the HG.
Yes Alan,

You are right. Bef Pz III K. The officer in peaked cap looks like Lw, so "Hermann Göring" Panzer-Division, Italy. Not one of my better efforts.

I have tried to find out when the SPW 250 and 251 sub numbers were allocated but without success. Those SPW 251's were Lw inspired conversions from about August 1942. Guderian, as Inspector General of Panzer troops from April 1943 must have been aware of them and thought it a good idea to make them standard equipment. Field conversions can be seen in pics. from 1943 although there was a long history of mounting heavy weapons on vehicles going back to 1940. SPW 251/17 first appeared in PD 44 (August 1944). The first KStN for armoured panzer grenadier company's with SPW 251/17's was dated 1st April 1944. In actuality, they first appeared in Panzer Brigades after the collapse in Normandy.

Roger

Alanmccoubrey
Financial supporter
Posts: 3244
Joined: 19 Sep 2008 13:44

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 25 Feb 2010 19:39

Roger, the KStN for the Panzer Briagdes called for the 251/21 Drilling rather than the 251/17 Schwebelafette did it not ?
Alan

User avatar
Sander D
Member
Posts: 1598
Joined: 14 Apr 2003 15:09
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Sander D » 25 Feb 2010 19:42

.

Hi Alan and Roger.

Here are some other pictures of a Pz.Bef.Wg.III Ausf.K . ( E-bay )

Image

Image


Can anyone tell me what the use is of thing that's in the red cicle,i hope it's not a german cup holder. :D :D

Image

Regards

Sander

.

Roger Griffiths
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: 29 Apr 2003 23:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Roger Griffiths » 25 Feb 2010 21:21

It's a message holder, messenger comes alongside and drops message in basket.

Roger

Roger Griffiths
Member
Posts: 511
Joined: 29 Apr 2003 23:50
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Roger Griffiths » 25 Feb 2010 21:36

Alanmccoubrey wrote:Roger, the KStN for the Panzer Briagdes called for the 251/21 Drilling rather than the 251/17 Schwebelafette did it not ?
I note your hostility. Mix of SPW 251/17 and SPW 251/21 in armoured panzer grenadier companies was about half and half. I have copies of all KStN's related to panzer divisions and copies of most monthly reports of panzer divisions and beyond 1939-1945. How many do you have?

Roger

User avatar
a-z-models
Member
Posts: 317
Joined: 16 Nov 2008 22:24
Location: Lviv,Galicia,Ukraine

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by a-z-models » 25 Feb 2010 21:49

Image
Andrij
www.a-z-models.com

Alanmccoubrey
Financial supporter
Posts: 3244
Joined: 19 Sep 2008 13:44

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 25 Feb 2010 23:01

Roger Griffiths wrote:
Alanmccoubrey wrote:Roger, the KStN for the Panzer Briagdes called for the 251/21 Drilling rather than the 251/17 Schwebelafette did it not ?
I note your hostility. Mix of SPW 251/17 and SPW 251/21 in armoured panzer grenadier companies was about half and half. I have copies of all KStN's related to panzer divisions and copies of most monthly reports of panzer divisions and beyond 1939-1945. How many do you have?

Roger
The only hostility is in your imagination, we're talking about 60 plus year old military units not anything for anyone to be hostile over.
Alan

User avatar
sir dude
Financial supporter
Posts: 1565
Joined: 30 Jan 2007 08:35
Location: Australia

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by sir dude » 27 Feb 2010 02:37

The grenade rack on the outside of this Wespe , e-bay.
Adrian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 8867
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by peeved » 27 Feb 2010 10:44

Panzerbeobachtungswagen III, Pz. III with interleaved suspension & Flammpanzer II (Source eBay.de).

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 8867
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by peeved » 27 Feb 2010 10:46

Pz. III Ausf. As; Fahrschulpanzer & gun tank (Source eBay.de).

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
peeved
Member
Posts: 8867
Joined: 01 Jul 2007 07:15
Location: Finland

Re: Interesting eBay pics

Post by peeved » 27 Feb 2010 10:52

Demag D II from above & Sd.Kfz. 251/7 (Source eBay.de).

Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Panzer & other vehicles - Photo threads”