► Photothread: Umbauwagen

A section dedicated to photo threads on panzer and other Axis vehicles.
peeved

Re: ► Photothread: Umbauwagen

Post by peeved » 19 Feb 2017 08:48

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by peeved on 19 Feb 2017 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

peeved

Post by peeved » 19 Feb 2017 08:50

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ilfil

Post by ilfil » 19 Feb 2017 11:23

Hi Markus,
And thanks for the interesting pictures.
From memory, WH-385851 isn't umbau but firefighter's van with genuine Russian body.
Cheers!
"...and on the 8th day He made truck so that man, made on 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night."

peeved

Post by peeved » 19 Feb 2017 19:18

Thanks Ilfil,

Tried to search ZiS-6 variants but missed that one.

Markus

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 21 Feb 2017 16:26

Hi all,
I am returning to a question last addressed by Shamirnewell in June'16. My original question regarded what I thought was an unusually large Gaz car, Shamir suggested that it may be an Adler, which I thought, at the time, was probably the answer. However, in the last couple of days I have reviewed the car. I attach a scan of the original and one of a known Gaz. To me the similarities are far more convincing now between the query and the Gaz. Note the filler caps, for both radiator and fuel, the headlamp mounting, the styling on the scuttle leading up to the windscreen and the front wings. The body is obviously bigger and longer with a larger rear door.
I know that I am still groping in the dark, but I wonder if Gaz did produce a more luxurious version of the A type?
Any thoughts folks?
Cheers,
Kerry.
Last edited by kerryboo on 21 Feb 2017 16:34, edited 2 times in total.

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 21 Feb 2017 16:32

Here is another, showing the filler caps,
Kerry.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 02 Mar 2017 00:17

Horch 830 BL ambulance.
Cheers,
Max

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 02 Mar 2017 21:24

Hi Max,

thank You very much for posting this very interesting pic of the Horch. But why do You think, that it is an ambulance?

Best regards

Bert

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 02 Mar 2017 21:38

Hi Bert,
I thought the same, but maybe the nurse in the passenger door?
Kerry.

SIS 5

Post by SIS 5 » 02 Mar 2017 21:49

Hi Kerry,

thank You for Your reply. AFAIK there were no nurses in the ambulances of the Wehrmacht. Maybe she got only a lift.

Best regards

Bert

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 02 Mar 2017 22:05

Hi Bert,
As you say maybe just "hitching a ride".
It is a very good point Bert, I had not thought about it, but now I have thought, this is the only photo I have seen of a nurse in a military vehicle.
Kerry.
Last edited by kerryboo on 02 Mar 2017 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 02 Mar 2017 23:26

SIS 5 wrote:Hi Max,

thank You very much for posting this very interesting pic of the Horch. But why do You think, that it is an ambulance?

Best regards

Bert
Hi Bert,
I got the idea from Holger:http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepage_ ... 30_bl.html:
Cheers,
Max

Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter

Post by Maxschnauzer » 02 Mar 2017 23:55

kerryboo wrote:Hi Bert,
... this is the only photo I have seen of a nurse in a military vehicle.
Kerry.
Well here's the mother lode for you, Kerry! :lol:
Cheers,
Max

kerryboo

Post by kerryboo » 03 Mar 2017 12:13

Hi Max,
Thank you for that photo, it is certainly either a lot of nurses or the start of a legendary fancy dress party!
Staying on theme, it appears that even very early-war (note panzer berets) there was a program of umbau conversions of big cars. More Horch, but I do not know the purpose, perhaps as-yet unmarked ambulances, workshop vehicles or just light load carriers.
Kerry.

shamirnewell

Post by shamirnewell » 03 Mar 2017 14:13

kerryboo wrote:Hi all,
I am returning to a question last addressed by Shamirnewell in June'16. My original question regarded what I thought was an unusually large Gaz car, Shamir suggested that it may be an Adler, which I thought, at the time, was probably the answer. However, in the last couple of days I have reviewed the car. I attach a scan of the original and one of a known Gaz. To me the similarities are far more convincing now between the query and the Gaz. Note the filler caps, for both radiator and fuel, the headlamp mounting, the styling on the scuttle leading up to the windscreen and the front wings. The body is obviously bigger and longer with a larger rear door.
I know that I am still groping in the dark, but I wonder if Gaz did produce a more luxurious version of the A type?
Any thoughts folks?
Cheers,
Kerry.
I have thought on this vehicle much. I think it is a gaz AA based on size, ground clearance wheel hubs. Etc ec with a command car type body fitted. The rear door and passenger compartment are much larger than any gaz A I have seen. Just a thought.

Return to “Panzer & other vehicles - Photo threads”