► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

A section dedicated to photo threads on panzer and other Axis vehicles.
User avatar
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter
Posts: 3947
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 07:36
Location: Philippines

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Maxschnauzer » 16 Jun 2018 07:16

Captured SKhTZ-15/30
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

User avatar
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter
Posts: 3947
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 07:36
Location: Philippines

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Maxschnauzer » 16 Jun 2018 08:07

The sheer size of the Hanomag SS 100 is evident when compared to this Steyr 220.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Max

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14598
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Sturm78 » 26 Jun 2018 20:33

Hi all,

Austro-Daimler generatorwagon

Image from Ebay
Sturm78
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Maxschnauzer
Financial supporter
Posts: 3947
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 07:36
Location: Philippines

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Maxschnauzer » 26 Jun 2018 23:28

Hi Sturm,
WOW! That looks like something out of a "Mad Max" movie. 8O
Cheers,
Max

Rui
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 05 Sep 2008 18:45
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Rui » 27 Jun 2018 00:08

Sturm78 wrote:Hi all,

Austro-Daimler generatorwagon

Image from Ebay
Sturm78

Image
What was the role of this vehicle?

WWI Austria-Hungarian Skoda big guns tractor?
My Christmas Book Wishlist:

T. Jentz - "Becker Funnies": All Vehicles Converted by Alfred Becker
Martin Block - Bible with all allocations from H.Za to the units
Martin Block - Bible with all Lage (Pz; StuG; Art & Pak; Berge; Beute; gp Kfz)

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14598
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Sturm78 » 27 Jun 2018 13:39

Rui wrote
What was the role of this vehicle?

WWI Austria-Hungarian Skoda big guns tractor?
Yes. More specifically, 24cm Skoda M16 gun , 38cm Skoda M16 howitzer and 42mm Skoda M16-17 howitzer

Regards Sturm78

Rui
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 05 Sep 2008 18:45
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Rui » 27 Jun 2018 23:31

Sturm78 wrote:
Rui wrote
What was the role of this vehicle?

WWI Austria-Hungarian Skoda big guns tractor?
Yes. More specifically, 24cm Skoda M16 gun , 38cm Skoda M16 howitzer and 42mm Skoda M16-17 howitzer

Regards Sturm78
Gracias, Sturm.

The Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 was part of the artillery train for that guns or was used in another guns?

Seeing the photo below, it seems that the M17 was a heavIer and more powerful tractor.
Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 tractors.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Christmas Book Wishlist:

T. Jentz - "Becker Funnies": All Vehicles Converted by Alfred Becker
Martin Block - Bible with all allocations from H.Za to the units
Martin Block - Bible with all Lage (Pz; StuG; Art & Pak; Berge; Beute; gp Kfz)

kerryboo
Member
Posts: 1766
Joined: 08 Nov 2008 12:29

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by kerryboo » 28 Jun 2018 11:12

Truly monstrous beasts!
Kerry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rui
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 05 Sep 2008 18:45
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Rui » 28 Jun 2018 16:32

kerryboo wrote:Truly monstrous beasts!
Kerry
Seeing the wheels of this vehicle, i wonder how, the soldiers change a broken wheel of this tractor.

(I don't remember seeing soldiers changing tires of any kind of vehicle in the field. Only saw they changing tracks of tanks.)
My Christmas Book Wishlist:

T. Jentz - "Becker Funnies": All Vehicles Converted by Alfred Becker
Martin Block - Bible with all allocations from H.Za to the units
Martin Block - Bible with all Lage (Pz; StuG; Art & Pak; Berge; Beute; gp Kfz)

Sturm78
Member
Posts: 14598
Joined: 02 Oct 2008 17:18
Location: Spain

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Sturm78 » 28 Jun 2018 19:03

Rui wrote
The Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 was part of the artillery train for that guns or was used in another guns?

Seeing the photo below, it seems that the M17 was a heavIer and more powerful tractor.
Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 was not used for tow 24cm Skoda gun neither 38cm and 42cm Skoda howitzers
Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 was a normal artillery tractor while the Austro-Daimler Generatorwagen was a special tractor, with gasline-electrical propulsion that supplied electrical power to the electric motors of the gun trailers...

Sturm78

ilfil
Member
Posts: 880
Joined: 03 Feb 2009 18:31
Location: Bulgaria

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by ilfil » 28 Jun 2018 19:12

Rui wrote:I don't remember seeing soldiers changing tires of any kind of vehicle in the field. Only saw they changing tracks of tanks.
Well, then I guess you'll enjoy this:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Image

Talking about that weird Austro-Fiat Artilleriegeneratorwagen, you can read more on its development, use and variants here:

https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1791
https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1792
https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1793

HTH
Cheers!
"...and on the 8th day He made truck so that man, made on 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night."

kerryboo
Member
Posts: 1766
Joined: 08 Nov 2008 12:29

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by kerryboo » 28 Jun 2018 22:37

Hi Rui,
Solid rubber tyres, you can see some missing areas. Must have been one very slow, very rough, ride!
Kerry.

Rui
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 05 Sep 2008 18:45
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Rui » 29 Jun 2018 11:20

Sturm78 wrote:
Rui wrote
The Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 was part of the artillery train for that guns or was used in another guns?

Seeing the photo below, it seems that the M17 was a heavIer and more powerful tractor.
Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 was not used for tow 24cm Skoda gun neither 38cm and 42cm Skoda howitzers
Austro-Daimler Artilleriezugauto M17 was a normal artillery tractor while the Austro-Daimler Generatorwagen was a special tractor, with gasline-electrical propulsion that supplied electrical power to the electric motors of the gun trailers...

Sturm78
Thanks Sturm. :thumbsup:
My Christmas Book Wishlist:

T. Jentz - "Becker Funnies": All Vehicles Converted by Alfred Becker
Martin Block - Bible with all allocations from H.Za to the units
Martin Block - Bible with all Lage (Pz; StuG; Art & Pak; Berge; Beute; gp Kfz)

Rui
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 05 Sep 2008 18:45
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Rui » 29 Jun 2018 11:31

ilfil wrote:
Rui wrote:I don't remember seeing soldiers changing tires of any kind of vehicle in the field. Only saw they changing tracks of tanks.
Well, then I guess you'll enjoy this:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Image

Talking about that weird Austro-Fiat Artilleriegeneratorwagen, you can read more on its development, use and variants here:

https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1791
https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1792
https://www.trucksplanet.com/catalog/model.php?id=1793

HTH
Cheers!
Very good series. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I enjoyed the history behind the development of the M. 16.

Thanks, HTH
My Christmas Book Wishlist:

T. Jentz - "Becker Funnies": All Vehicles Converted by Alfred Becker
Martin Block - Bible with all allocations from H.Za to the units
Martin Block - Bible with all Lage (Pz; StuG; Art & Pak; Berge; Beute; gp Kfz)

Rui
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 05 Sep 2008 18:45
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: ► Photothread: Tractors of the Axis

Post by Rui » 29 Jun 2018 11:56

kerryboo wrote:Hi Rui,
Solid rubber tyres, you can see some missing areas. Must have been one very slow, very rough, ride!
Kerry.
I was thinking if a mine or damage made by nearby explosions, broke or damage the wheels, it should make very difficult to change a full wheel of the M. 17.

Seeing the M.17, we could say that is was the grandfather of the Radschlepper Ost (Porsche type 175) made by Skoda, during WWII.
My Christmas Book Wishlist:

T. Jentz - "Becker Funnies": All Vehicles Converted by Alfred Becker
Martin Block - Bible with all allocations from H.Za to the units
Martin Block - Bible with all Lage (Pz; StuG; Art & Pak; Berge; Beute; gp Kfz)

Return to “Panzer & other vehicles - Photo threads”