► Photothread: Allied Vehicles in German Service

A section dedicated to photo threads on panzer and other Axis vehicles.
Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 02 Aug 2005 11:39

Very interesting Dodges Steve and thanks for sharing.
That particular cab was very common in the Scandinavian countries, so Norway or Danmark could be a possible source. But, it is also quite similar to the Belgian and Dutch designs so that cannot be ruled out either. Do you know where the photos were taken??
Cheers
Bill

cmpnorge

Post by cmpnorge » 02 Aug 2005 13:52

Bill
The "Belgian Ford" you showed, is mine photo. I won that auction. so if needed you can have a high res scan of it.

And keep those very interesting photos coming.
I am stuned by how much and many different vehicles that was used by all forces...

Rolf

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 02 Aug 2005 22:29

Evening Rolf:

As others on this board and similar forums can tell you, Rolf, you have no idea of the variety of vehicles used by the German Forces and their allies.
Germany conquered or partly conquered well over a dozen countries and of course, picked up all of their military trucks and other equipment, the classic "beute" vehicles.

More important to Germany's land mobility, at least if my research over the last several years is valid, was the number of vehicles confiscated from the civilian economies in these conquered countries and the civilian vehicles impressed from German owners in their own country.

Unfortunately, I have not yet come up with a number that I can verify of these vehicles but it was most certainly in the many tens of thousands and perhaps some hundreds of thousands.

While I am interested, as you well know, in all informations I can get on soft skin vehicles used by any of the Allied and Axis forces, the subject of non-military vehicles as well as beute vehicles used by Germany and it's allies has become pretty much the focus of my research these last few years.

It would seem to be a whole new area of research that not many have pursued, at least as it regards soft skin vehicles.

I hope to see a lot more photos on this thread, this forum and others as well.
Cheers
Bill

stoveb

more

Post by stoveb » 02 Aug 2005 23:03

Hi Bill,

No location ID with the Dodge photo's I'm afraid, but they look to be taken in Russia to me (which doesn't help us).

And as you say, this is a never ending study, there are just so many vehicle types out there that seem to have been used, going though my saved ebay files recently has been a real eye opener. Even found two images of a Steyr 50 the other day.

Here is a Bedford MWD with an SS Unit, from ebay.

Cheers
Steve

Sander D

Post by Sander D » 03 Aug 2005 21:15

From expired e-bay sales,a beute willy and a bedford MWD

Cheers

Sander
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bill 13

Post by Bill 13 » 04 Aug 2005 05:50

Day All

Couple More.
Bill
:roll:

cmpnorge

Another type of beute

Post by cmpnorge » 04 Aug 2005 21:32

Hey folks.
Here is an interessting photo from e-bay.
I think it is some sort of Italian Fiat (a M13/40?...), but it is clearly someone from down under is using it..

Rolf

Patrice

Post by Patrice » 04 Aug 2005 21:37

Hello Rolf, it is a fine pic of a M11/39 captured and used by men of the 6th Australian Cavalry in April 1941 (Tobruk defense).
Patrice

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 04 Aug 2005 23:27

Just to keep things going here. From the Island of Jersey, A british Ford AA or BB, an Opel and a Citroen and an unidentified British vehicle.
Cheers
Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoveb

hi

Post by stoveb » 05 Aug 2005 08:34

Hi Bill,

Just noticed that I didn't get a response from anyone for the two cars at the bottom of page 9, do you have any ideas?

Cheers
Steve

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 05 Aug 2005 11:23

Morning Steve:
The last two on page 9 are a 37 Chev and a 39-40 Packard.
Cheers
Bill

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 05 Aug 2005 14:10

A rather unusual Ford, a 1938 model rarely seen in military service behind the motorbike.
Now I am off for a four day trip, will post again when I return.
Cheers
Bill

Sander D

Post by Sander D » 07 Aug 2005 15:11

A Bedford MWD and a ????? ,i don't now what kind of truck it is,but it looks beute to me .

Cheers

Sander

Pics come form e-bay

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 09 Aug 2005 12:19

Good Morning Sander:
Sorry I am behind, just returned from a 4 day trip away from my computer :cry:

Behind your Bedford is a Renault and then a couple of Mercedes trucks that seem to be towing trailers.
Your second photo in my opinion is a Ford V 3000s standard issue to the Wehrmacht. It has the typical flat windscreen found on German built Fords. The body may be "umbau" as I do not recall a house type body as being standard on those trucks. Both nice photos and thanks as always.
Bill

Sander D

Post by Sander D » 09 Aug 2005 15:41

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information.

Here are 2 more picture of other Ford's V 3000s, with like you said maybe "umbau" body's.

Picture come from the same e-bay sale.

Sander

Return to “Panzer & other vehicles - Photo threads”