3D printing biodegradable and inexpensive model 39 egg grenades

This section is for the sale of reproductions. By posting items for sale in this section, you agree to the guidelines found in the main For Sale & Wanted section.
hendrikdc

3D printing biodegradable and inexpensive model 39 egg grenades

Post by hendrikdc » 09 Feb 2020 19:04

Hi, first time poster here.
I've been into 15th century reanactment for over 15 years. Another passion of mine is ww2 tabletop wargaming and recently i've decided to dip my toes into ww2 german reanactment.
Whilst I'm not in a good physique and am trying to lose weight I absolutely love the cameradery and good sense of the group i've joined.

Another of my interests is 3D printing, which lead me to this post.
I was discussing the use of grenades with some of our group and noticed they were not used that much during mock combat. The reasons were easy to spot:
-a repro costs between 10-30€
-they are easy to lose, especially in woodland areas.

That's why I've set myself down and ended up drawing my own 3D printable model 39 egg grenades.
Sure, having what is essentially a "plastic" grenade can be considered farb, but to me the benefits are clearly outweighing the downsides.
Since I Print these in PLA they are biodegradable, and at a print cost of about 1,5€ are the most affordable alternative I've found. At that money, I don't really care if i can't find my grenade back after looking for it for 15 minutes in a woody area...especially since it'll break down in about 1,5-2 years.

I first print these at 0.3mm, and then coat them with filler. Some light sanding afterwards, followed up by some spray paint and voila, a perfectly good passable repro to use during mock battles (but not as display pieces!)
My current goal is to fill an entire grenade with them, which should cost me about 35€ worth of filament. For the same money I would only be able to buy about 2 to 3 repro's....

The grenades themselves are simple plug and play no glue required and come in 4 different pieces that just plug and fit

They are escentially designed to pop upon upon impact upon something hard.
Fill them with flour or something and it gives a good pop, nothing close to the real thing, but still better than nought I guess..

Due to popular demand I'v been asked to sell the files, so for 5€ I'll gladly share the 3D printable files with anyone interested .
If interested, shoot me a PM. Any money I make on these will go into earning back some of the filament used during printing/be spend on my kit.

Return to “Reproductions Sales”