schwimmwagen AFTER paint, rough paint job..

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Greg K.

schwimmwagen AFTER paint, rough paint job..

Post by Greg K. » 20 Nov 2002 01:33

ok, here's the car/boat with a rough paint job.. i used tan out of a can, then air brushed deck tan, german grey, flat earth.. i diden't want a somth paint job due to it being put on in the field. as you can tell it's pretty bad, so i've got alot of work ahead of me.
:cry: i'll keep you all in touch with it as it come's alone.. don't dog it to bad... :) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Desert Fox

A little praise goes a long way

Post by The Desert Fox » 20 Nov 2002 15:11

Hey mate no complains from me, the model looks very nice. What scale is the model 1:48 or 1:32 or some other?

regards
The Desert Fox

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 20 Nov 2002 17:23

It looks great, keep us updated of the progress. :wink:

regards

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 20 Nov 2002 21:24

the scale is 1/35, the usa scale 8) ...
thanks for the good remarks :) :) :) :) :)

Rick-rs

Post by Rick-rs » 21 Nov 2002 11:38

He Dragonman,

I still have to get over the fact that you're modelling for just a year now, outstanding stuff Dude!!!

Cheers Rick

Keep us posted!

Korbius

Post by Korbius » 21 Nov 2002 12:48

Did you use acrylic colors with that schwimmwagen?

Greg K.

Did you use acrylic colors with that schwimmwagen?

Post by Greg K. » 21 Nov 2002 19:22

ya, used acrylic's.. i don't use anything else.. i wish i knew how tho.. :?

modelling for just a year now..

i was givin a model when i was a kid about 16, buildt it, and entered it in a contest in 1979 and won a trophy, 2nd place at the 8th annual world of wheels. that was my 3rd model i ever touched. after that went into the United States Marines for 9years and from that time i've left the hobby alone. until about a year ago, i picked up a model from a trip to san francisco, and that started it all up again.. now i've got that disease called (AMS)
advanced modeling sydrome.. :D :D :D
and i'm hooked again...... thanks.... greg

The Desert Fox

The Modeling bug effects us all.

Post by The Desert Fox » 22 Nov 2002 01:07

Yes I think that syndrome is world wide.

I hadnt touched military models or soldier etc for about 15 years until I discovered the wargaming bug about 4 years ago. Now I spend hours upon hours painting 25mm lead figures. WW2 germans, Russians and Brits. Also a fair collection of British Victorian age colonials.

regards
The Desert Fox

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 23 Nov 2002 23:45

i wish i knew how to play in wargaming arena. i think i'd like that.. i'll have research in my area and find someone who can teach me..
not that i don't have enough stuff going on... :o

The Desert Fox

Wargaming Hobby

Post by The Desert Fox » 30 Nov 2002 14:38

To dragonman

I dont think you will have too much of a problem finding someone to introduce you to wargaming in the USA my friend. Both the USA and the Uk have the largest manufacturers of lead figures for the hobby. It would be nice if Australia was as well catered for in that hobby area.

Most of our wargaming stuff we must buy from overseas :cry: and with the added cost of postage the the pathetic value of the australia dollar the hobby isnt very cheap.

What campaign areas interest you most, if you got into wargaming?

regards
The Desert Fox

Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland » 03 Dec 2002 12:14

Hi Dragonman,
Nice Schwimmwagen, would like to see it when you are finnished, do you intend to add figures? I keep away from camouflage clothing if I can, I never seem to get the right effect, no matter how hard I try.
My models are all 1/35 armoured vehicles, mostly German. I have been using an airbrush for one year now, I may consider adding some of my models to the forum?

Hi The Desert Fox,
I notice that you are interested in wargaming, so am I.
Here in Germany it is easy to get the figures from England or Belgium.
But our problem is the fact that one finds no one to play against, historical wargaming is dead here in Germany, although SiFi is strong.
Turned up once with all my little Opel-Blitz trucks with German recognition flags over the bonnets, caused a stir!!

I wargame Operation Veritable (Reichswald 1945) in 1/72, I am interested in this battle because my house is built on the battlefield.

I also wargame Eastern Front in 1/300, added a few Vickers tanks so I can wargame Poland 1939 too.

I have an interest in the Zulu War, and although I do not as yet have any figures, I do have a 1/72 scale plan of the Mission at Rorkes Drift and the wargames rules "Soldiers of the Queen 1879-1900".

Regards,Bill.

The Desert Fox

Post by The Desert Fox » 04 Dec 2002 08:37

Bill Medland wrote: Hi The Desert Fox,
I notice that you are interested in wargaming, so am I.
Here in Germany it is easy to get the figures from England or Belgium.
But our problem is the fact that one finds no one to play against, historical wargaming is dead here in Germany, although SiFi is strong.

I have an interest in the Zulu War, and although I do not as yet have any figures, I do have a 1/72 scale plan of the Mission at Rorkes Drift and the wargames rules "Soldiers of the Queen 1879-1900".

Regards,Bill.
Greetings Bill.

You aint my twin brother are you? We certainly seem to share some interests. :lol: :lol:

After the campaigns of the German armed forces of ww2, my second biggest wargaming interest is the Zulu wars. Been fascinated by the Zulu wars since I saw the film "Zulu" for the first time as a kid 25+ years ago.

I wargame mainly in 28mm with special interest in skirmish size battles. I have a growing collection of British and Zulu figures as well as ww2 german and russian figures.

My favourite supplier for my collection of ww2 28mm lead figures and British zulu war figures is Black tree Desgins. Check out their website if you are interested.

http://www.black-tree-design.com

As a supplier I have found them the most reliable overseas supplier to Australia.

Another company with great figures is Foundary. They too have a good ww2 and Colonial range. However as a company they are a nightmare to deal with. Their reliabillity in getting orders correct is crap. Both me and two mates have lodged orders with them and havnt had one correct first time yet. Black Tree Design on other hand have been brillant.

Black tree design over the past two years or so have supplied me with about 120 german and Red army figures which I are an ongoing painting project. I am about 80% of the way to completion...

Shall have to share with you some pictures of some of our figures and wargaming table if you are interested.

regards
The Desert Fox

The Desert Fox

Post by The Desert Fox » 04 Dec 2002 08:54

Bill Medland wrote:
Turned up once with all my little Opel-Blitz trucks with German recognition flags over the bonnets, caused a stir!!

Regards,Bill.
Yes my ex step father caused a similar stir in the mid 1950s when he was in the British occupation forces in Germany. He was a Para in the miltary police and did a tour as a guard at Spandua.

While stationed in germany he attended a dance/cultural interchange sort of thing and did a stupid thing, he tripped over a few words of the national athem. Brought up during ww2 he knew the German National athem ww2 version, and so having had a few beers joined in with the people as they sang the athem. He hadnt realised thou that a few words had been changed and so got some strange looks.

regards
The Desert Fox

Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland » 04 Dec 2002 19:14

For Desert Fox

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply, yes we seem to have a common interest outside of the German WW2 history. Feel free to e-mail me and we can exchange information [email protected]

I was looking at the rule book for Colonial wars and find the special event cards, which are drawn at randon, very funny, here is one of them:

Tea Time
Lord Chelmsford and any +1 officer are placed in base contact while they spend two moves eating cucumber sandwiches.
Regards,Bill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Desert Fox

Post by The Desert Fox » 28 Dec 2002 16:11

Greetings Bill.

Sorry its taken so long to reply, this has been my longest period away from the forum, twenty odd days....grrrrr

I have aquired a copy of that same rules set, found it second hand in a games store about 12 months ago. I have not had a chance to give it a try yet as I am the most keen on colonials amongst my wargaming group. Alas to give it a try I have to try and encourage my wargaming friends to give ww2, wild west skirmish and fantasy a rest for a while and get stuck into colonials. hehehhe Time will tell. My thirty odd British redcoats and thirty odd Sikhs still await the enemy!

regards
The Desert Fox

Return to “Model building”