Interiors

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Paul Timms

Interiors

Post by Paul Timms » 04 Dec 2002, 21:28

Gents,

I have seen many,many exterior designs for German Halftracks, but what colour were the insides??

Also is there anywhere i can get WWII decals for 20mm. My web searches have found little.

Any help much appreciated.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 04 Dec 2002, 22:04

The inside colour was typically ivory, or later in the war, although primer red or dark green, and even black, have been seen.

The parts visible from the outside (inside of hatches and inside of open-topped vehciles) were often the colour of the exterior,but not always.

These are photos of the original colours insede a Tiger II: http://www.panzerworld.net/TigerIIfortknox.htm

Christian

Rich Yankowski

Interior colors

Post by Rich Yankowski » 05 Dec 2002, 00:20

I read somewhere that some German tankers scrapped the paint from their interiors,to prevent flying splinters of paint from hurting them when struck by an enemy munition.I have also seen the interior hatches painted the same color as the afv exterior so as to blend in better with the afv's exterior camoflauge when they were opened.

Rick-rs

Post by Rick-rs » 05 Dec 2002, 11:27

Halftracks had inside the same color as outside,the insidehatches of Panzers were after spring 43 same color as outside,but not all,there were a few who had the interior color ivory white(elfenbein)after Falaise and the regroup this became mandatory,aldo in this stage of the war it wasn't the most important thing.
In the battle of the Bulge some of Peiper's spitze halftracks were primerred inside,due to the lack of yellow paint.

Cheers Rick

Return to “Model building”