So this is where you`ve been hiding David

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Brian Von Stauffenberg

So this is where you`ve been hiding David

Post by Brian Von Stauffenberg » 09 Apr 2002, 22:13

Hello Clarkey old chap, how are ya?
Modelling forum eh, never mind all that get posting on the Third Reich Forum, you`ve got some good conversations to start, hows tricks on Feldgrau?
:lol:

David C. Clarke

Hey Brian!!!

Post by David C. Clarke » 09 Apr 2002, 22:18

Ach, you found me! This is probably the one forum I can't get into trouble on! You're missed on Soldatenheim but nothing much is happening on Feldgrau. So, want to build a model??? Very Best Regards, David :D :D :D :D :D :D

Brian Von Stauffenberg

Shall i do a scan

Post by Brian Von Stauffenberg » 09 Apr 2002, 22:21

Shall i scan a couple of my poor efforts at modelling and send em to ya?

David C. Clarke

Absolutely...

Post by David C. Clarke » 09 Apr 2002, 22:56

...By all means, but me personally, I'm too chicken to put my efforts up. but what do you build, I swear this is the first time I knew you built models. Or is it just my incredibly bad memory playing tricks again? Very Best Regards, David :D :D :D :D :D

Brian Von Stauffenberg

yes

Post by Brian Von Stauffenberg » 09 Apr 2002, 23:40

I only started building recently, things have got busier again at work so sspare time is at a minimum again, i built three 1/78 size Revel models, a Tiger1, a Pzr4 and a AA Halftrack, i`ve painted the tanks but not had time to even start the Halftrack, i have a StuG and a King Tiger unbuilt but i have some time next month so it will get done then.
I will email you a scan shortly of my humble effort at a Tiger, the paint is wrong i know but hey first go and all that.

David C. Clarke

Hey Brian!

Post by David C. Clarke » 10 Apr 2002, 00:05

You'll get no criticism from this Commissar. I firmly berlieve that a model is a personal piece of artwork and, unless you enter it into a show, the only valid criticisms come from the builder himself (or herself). It's my own reaction to something I saw recently at a show. There was a diorama, quite good, mounted on a rotating platform inside a plexiglass case. One of the major vehicles was a burned out Pz. IV with a fire-blackened interior. Do you believe that there were two guys looking at the model through a magnifying glass!!!! I could vaguely hear them mutter "well, this isn't right". Arggggh. But, the hazards of public display, I suppose. Very Best Regards, David :D :D :D

Brian Von Stauffenberg

Ahh

Post by Brian Von Stauffenberg » 10 Apr 2002, 00:20

That was probably LL and his friend..lol...seriously though the competitive side of these things does not appeal to me, i used to swim for my County when i was younger and i used to get way too serious and its not healthy but hey if your good at something then why not flaunt it, oh well Rocky has just come on TV and i cant resist it...seen it 20 times already!!!
Enjoy my scans for what they are :wink:

Timo

Post by Timo » 10 Apr 2002, 00:31

Talking about Soldatenheim,

Did any of you see Bill Medland lately? I haven't seen him on any forum for weeks and he does not reply to my emails. I hope nothing bad happened.

Cheers,
Timo

David C. Clarke

Hi Timo.

Post by David C. Clarke » 10 Apr 2002, 00:36

No, I haven't seen him post or anything, but my parting with Bill on Soldatenheim was far from friendly. I suspect he wil pop up again.
Come to think of it, Ian Earl hasn't posted lately either. Cheers, David :D :D :D

Return to “Model building”