Anyone else collect the 1:6 scale figures?

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
peter_suciu

Anyone else collect the 1:6 scale figures?

Post by peter_suciu » 03 Jan 2003 01:56

What does everyone else think of the 1:6 scale figures? I like the detail and they are the closest I can get to collecting actual uniforms. I just don't have the space for the real deal -- and I do like comparing my real helmets with the figures.

In three years I've managed to amass a small army of about 60 WWII figures from Dragon, bbi and 21st Century.

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 03 Jan 2003 04:43

WOW, thats alot!!!!!
I bet they look really cool, and how do you view them all?

Xavier

Post by Xavier » 03 Jan 2003 17:19

I do, actually I have some 25 of them, and lots of accesories, BTW do you know who is making the 1/6th scherenfernrohr?
(rabbit ears or trench binoculars..)
regards

Xavier

peter_suciu

Out of the Boxes

Post by peter_suciu » 03 Jan 2003 18:31

I'll post some photos later, but I do admit I took most of them out of the boxes. I saved the rarer figures' boxes but honestly I'm not counting on these going way up in value. I enjoy looking at them too much to keep them in the box.

As for the scherenfernrohr, I'm assuming it is Dragon. I am a journalist and I write about video games and toys so I'll be covering Toy Fair in February and I'll let you know what I see.

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 03 Jan 2003 20:48

ok, off the subject.. but who cares??
I have an X-BOX and have afew games, but what do you think are the best??
also is buying a PS2 worth buying??? I like some of the games they have on PS2, but would hate forking out 200.00 for another game system if I really woulden't have to.. whats you think???

peter_suciu

Post by peter_suciu » 03 Jan 2003 22:35

I have an X-BOX and have afew games, but what do you think are the best??
also is buying a PS2 worth buying??? I like some of the games they have on PS2, but would hate forking out 200.00 for another game system if I really woulden't have to.. whats you think???
I prefer PC games actually, but I like the Xbox more than PS2. All depends on your own tastes. Xbox looks and sounds better, but PS2 has a larger library of titles.

So I would say spend the money on games rather than spending it on another system, unless you really need to play an exclusive like GTA: Vice City or The Getaway.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 04 Jan 2003 01:18

PC games are the best!

I've heard of some guys who have more than 200 1/6 figures!

Christian

peter_suciu

Post by peter_suciu » 04 Jan 2003 02:32

200 figures! I have a large apartment for New York City but it would be considered small for almost any place else. I have a very small room for all my figures, helmets, war books, swords and other junk.

But honestly I don't know if there are even 200 figures I'd really want. I'll post some photos of what I have a little later this weekend. I'm really happy with my SS figures and my German paras.

shaolin_shamo

1:6 figures

Post by shaolin_shamo » 06 Jan 2003 20:30

I am an avid 1:6 customizer. To be honest, my poor eyesight and the size of my hands prevents me from doing anything smaller! I recommend http://www.onesixth.net for those interested Here are some pix of things I've made. Image

Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Anyone else collect the 1:6 scale figure?

Post by Dennis Redler » 19 Jan 2003 07:44

:D Man,do I. And I can't get enough. I got about 75 now and they represent all the different manufacturers. My favorite is Dragon and are mostly Germans. My problem is I can't leave them alone. I always want to improve their uniforms and equipment to make them more realistic and detailed. I see them as miniature mannequins and they don't like being called toys or the most hated reference...DOLLS. :x My guys are ACTION FIGURES :lol: It's the best hobby I ever had.
Dennis :)

Homer martin

Hail

Post by Homer martin » 19 Jan 2003 23:16

I have all the Dragon WWII figures, including the limit editions. My favorite figure of the lot is Bernhardt, with Major Kater my second favorite.

/HGM

Return to “Model building”