Favorite 1/6th figure

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Favorite 1/6th figure

Post by Dennis Redler » 22 Jan 2003 18:40

I would like to hear which 1/6 th scale figure is your favorite and why.
Mine seems to change every few months now. My latest favorite is Dragon's Karsten. His cammo uniform is a miniature masterpiece in my opinion. There are tiny metal grommets for ventilation holes and even the small pocket for a first aid bandage inside the uniform. Not to forget that the weave of the material is actually miniature herringbone twill.
If Dragon keeps up this trend I can't wait to see what my next favorite will be.
Dennis :)

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 23 Jan 2003 02:44

i would love to buy the WWI trench Raider, i think thats what it's called.
i could not understand why someone would put all that heavy stuff on and run into another trench and try to kill/kick'm out with only afew other members. and with afew weapons. NUTS!!!!!

Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Favorite 1/6th figure

Post by Dennis Redler » 23 Jan 2003 06:45

I think you are reffering to the figure from Sideshow toys.He is the one
w/cammo helmet and MP18I. An excellent figure and with a gasmask.
Or maybe you mean the one yet to be released, w/ body armor.I can hardly wait for that one.And now they promise an officer to lead them and
is carrying a Luger w/snail drum and shoulder stock. It just keeps getting better and better.
Also you mentioned trench raiders. NUTS yes, but GUTS too.

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 23 Jan 2003 08:17

when are they going to release the one with body armor?

Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Favorite 1/6th figure

Post by Dennis Redler » 23 Jan 2003 12:00

It's difficult to say with Sideshow. The Red Baron was promised for December and he just came out this past week. The next release will be the guy in body armor. My best guess is that we will hear something in the next 30 days or so. I will send a personal message ,through this forum ,to you as soon as I know.
Did you see the new Dragon German cammo uniform sets yet? And also
the new Heer and Luftwaffe Afrika Korps sets? I want them all. :lol:
The Afrika sets both come with pith helmets AND cloth caps. Plus the Luft. set has an officers summer peaked cap.
Later

Dan Reinbold

Post by Dan Reinbold » 04 Feb 2003 03:34

Dennis...my favorite is still Rudolf (2nd Aniversary Figure, Ardennes - Waffen SS). Lots of gear, and it portrays one of my favorite pictures from the Battle of the Bulge. Plus the metal MG belt is a work of art. Also I am pretty found of Hermann (even though he is an early figure), still one of the better figures.

I have to admit though that some of the latest offerings, such as Edmund, Karsten, Ansgar, Bernhardt are pretty nice...I am particularly found of any Das Reich soldiers...so I am looking forward to Oskar!

Thanks....

Dan

-------------
Das Reich Homepage
http://www.dasreich.ca

Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Favorite 1/6 figure

Post by Dennis Redler » 04 Feb 2003 13:20

Dan,
I know what you mean. I have so many "favorites" it's difficult to pick. I like how you get "Das Reich" figures. It's cool to find something your really interested in. Check some figure sites that sell loose pieces because you might pick up some Das Reich cufftitles pretty cheap.Then you can replace titles as you see fit.
I am interested in German cammo, so anytime they come out with a different pattern I have to get it.
I guess my all around favorite is Rommel,I was lucky to get him because he sold out quick.
Thanks for your reply.
Dennis Redler :)

Return to “Model building”