Tiger II of Schwere SS Pz. Abt. 501, # 332 .....

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Erich

Tiger II of Schwere SS Pz. Abt. 501, # 332 .....

Post by Erich » 26 Apr 2002 22:42

Guys : For you Tiger fans out there......

Please check http://www.missing-lynx.com forum on German armor. Scroll down the page about mid-way and find the posting concerning the colours of the numbers of 332, which were blue and yellow. Please note James Blackwell's post and beautiful pic of the Königstiger before a repaint in bogus colours. A truely wonderful image .....!

enjoy what it would of appeared.

8) E

David C. Clarke

WOW!!

Post by David C. Clarke » 27 Apr 2002 00:00

WOW!! DOUBLE WOW!! I Know what my next Tiger II will look like. Let's kidnap Mr. Blackwell and force him to post over here!! Cheers, D

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/mes ... 1019716817

Timo

Post by Timo » 27 Apr 2002 13:08

Tiger 332 of 3.Kp./SS-schwere Panzer-Abteilung 501
Commander: SS-Unterscharführer Otto Blase. Abandoned on 20 December 1944 in Coo, by the side of the N33. It was recovered by 463rd Ordnance Evacuation Company and transported to Spa railway station, trained to Antwerp and then shipped to the US.

subskipper

Post by subskipper » 27 Apr 2002 14:25

WOW!! DOUBLE WOW!!
I couldn't have said it better myself! That Tiger looks insanely good. I think it's high time I take up my old hobby again, those pictures made me long for the sweet smell of glue and paint again. :)

~Henric Edwards

Erich

Post by Erich » 27 Apr 2002 15:35

Thanks Timo for the historical background info.......
yeah guys I thought it might get the adreniline going....... !

I wonder if Tolga has seen this pic since he is quite interested in SS Panzers ?

E 8)

Timo

Post by Timo » 27 Apr 2002 15:53

You're welcome Erich.

I do however wonder when this photo was taken. I have no idea when this original camo was oversprayed by the people at the Aberdeen proving grounds and...for crying out loud why did they destroy the original colors to overspray it with a terrible, totally inaccurate paint job? :cry:

Just my 2 cents.

Timo

(who can't post on Missing Links anymore since he was banned last week)

Erich

Post by Erich » 27 Apr 2002 15:57

Banned from missing lynx.......what the s*** is this ? !

You are very correct, I wonder if Aberdeen really thought that no one would care and went ahead and had all the vehicles in their possession re-painted for preservation......idiotic to me !

E

Timo

Post by Timo » 27 Apr 2002 16:09

Banned on ML: due to comments about the forum. It is my opinion that the overall quality of the ML Axis forum decreased over the last months as many frequent posters lost interest. Besides that I was a bit annoyed that so many newbies on the forum post the same questions every week. Because of that, most questions can be answered by the poster by checking the former threads, or by using Google (and thus before he posts the question).

Anyway, Andrew Dextras didn't like this. He claims I "attack" him because he had some problems with a friend of mine in the past. He also underlined, by use of words like "good riddance" and "get lost", that "nobody will miss me". In short I was an arrogant bastard, but this arrogance is based on nothing because my knowledge about WW2 was far from impressive. Case closed.

Its fine with me. Lot's of other fine forums around.

Cheers,
Timo

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 27 Apr 2002 16:10

The reason you're banned is probably because you're assigened a new IP-adress each time you go on the web - you just ahpen to have recived one that has been banned...

As for Aberdeen - they seem to have a will to, with no obvious explanation, destroy every paint scheme they can - have anyone seen their Jagdtiger? Geez!

The Russians, at least, are painting their Kubunka vehicles back into original paint schemes - they are very close to back then, as from the pictures I've seen...

Christian

Erich

Post by Erich » 27 Apr 2002 16:14

Christian :

Not to get off track here, but do you know approx how many AFV's are on the Aberdeen grounds ? I've never been there.

thanks !

E

Timo

Post by Timo » 27 Apr 2002 16:15

Ferdinand Porsche wrote:The reason you're banned is probably because you're assigened a new IP-adress each time you go on the web - you just ahpen to have recived one that has been banned...
??? No, Andrew specifically banned me for the reasons I gave above

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 27 Apr 2002 16:51

Timo: Sorry, for some reason, I didn't see your post, so I asked what you'd already anewered. Sorry to hear that Andrew is so easily ticked off... I agree with you, that it is very much a newbies forum - try to answer a few posts there from time to time, but many of them, like the Qs on achtungpanzers forum, can be found on the website...

Erich: No, not really - check out their website, maube you'll find some info there: http://www.ordmusfound.org/

Christian

Erich

Post by Erich » 27 Apr 2002 17:10

Timo it really sucks !

Christian, thanks ! I'll have a look see.......

now you late Panzer Experten, the camo scheme of this big boy, would this then be standard as well for the Ost Front during 1945 ??

:) E

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 27 Apr 2002 19:46

Most likely, yes. As the s.SS.Pz.Abt. 501 moved from the eastern front to the western, just prior to the offensive, I doubt they re-painted all the Tiger IIs, and since the schemes is common on more or less all the Tiger IIs I've seen, I'd say so, yes.

There were variations, of course, such as dotted schemes, and different kinds of 'band' width - but they can't all be the same ;) For example, Tiger II number 003 and 204 had the same kinds of numbers, and similar scheme, only these had a lot of dots on them...

I think it's about 50/50 where they have dots or not...

Chirstian

Charles Latham

Post by Charles Latham » 27 Apr 2002 21:41

[quote="Timo"]You're welcome Erich.

I do however wonder when this photo was taken. I have no idea when this original camo was oversprayed by the people at the Aberdeen proving grounds

Hi Timo. I read somewhere the photo was taken in 1972 and the sh*t paint applied sometime shortly after?

Best regards
Charles

Return to “Model building”