Sturmgeschutze IV

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
mikerock

Sturmgeschutze IV

Post by mikerock » 09 Apr 2003, 06:02

I'm putting together Tamiya's Sturmgeschutze IV kit #35087

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/plasti ... 35087.html

It comes with decals for 2nd Pz Div, 9th Pz Div, Panzer Lehr, Windhund, and 3 StuG brigades: 237th, 251st, 279th. I'm leaning towards Panzer Lehr in Normandy, and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to suggest an appropriate camouflage scheme.

Also, the commander appears to be wearing a camo tunic on the cover (pea pattern? I can't tell) I thought only SS units used camo clothes, the heer used their zeltbahn. Is this correct that his tunic is made of camouflage fabric? Or would it be black?

Thanks,
--Mike

Greg K.

Post by Greg K. » 09 Apr 2003, 07:27

i've seen one done in a winter camo, it was a dirty white with the wear and tear on the top surfaces. it was a super looking model in that type of color scheme. if you'd like i can look thru my books and send in some photos of the one.

Mistel1

Post by Mistel1 » 14 Apr 2003, 15:01

Hello. I built the same kit years ago, as a vehicle of Grossdeutschland Division's StuG Battalion. From the net I gathered info on commander's uniform too, and at that time I was told that some Heer tank crew also wore pea pattern uniforms. So i favored pea pattern against Zeltbahn... :)

Return to “Model building”