Bunker models by Bunkertypology

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Ammunitionbunker

Re: Bunker models by Bunkertypology

Post by Ammunitionbunker » 28 Dec 2013 13:36

Hello Bunkertypology :D

Well done, a great job indeed :thumbsup: Are you going to do any lighting system inside?

At the moment, I am building a 1:35 scale model of the M145 Ammunition bunker. I purposely designed some cutouts, in carefully planned areas, so that I can add the lighting system, and can see the inside of the bunker, with the ammunition racks, the German army personal working and storing the ammo in place. y next project is an M608 command bunker.
Life is too short to matter
Just do it your way and never look back
Paul - Malta

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 28 Dec 2013 17:35

Hi Ammunitionbunker

No I hadn't planned to put any lighting in (the roof will lift off) though it is an idea I may consider in future.
Ive not done much over the Christmas holiday - house full of visitors and my study is locked to stop the kids messing about with my stuff.135 Plan.JPG[/attachment]

Ill post some pictures of my progress so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 28 Dec 2013 17:45

Ive not made much progress over the Christmas holiday, house full of visitors (My study is locked to keep the kids out)

Ive made all the forms except for the Tobruk (awkward to make with the cranked staircase)
1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 28 Dec 2013 17:49

The next photos will show the DOLPH armoured door (I drilled out the hinges and used a piece of snapped off pin to form hinge -little bit of glue on top to hold it in place)
photo (3).JPG

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 28 Dec 2013 17:52

Next photo shows how the doors will be located with the forms.
photo (1).JPG
door.JPG
photo (1).JPG

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 28 Dec 2013 18:02

This photo shows the forms in place. The biro lines on the balsa will hopefully leave planking effect once cement mortar is set.
photo (4).JPG
photo (10).JPG
photo (7).JPG
photo (6).JPG

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 28 Dec 2013 18:05

More photos
photo (5).JPG

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 28 Dec 2013 18:57

A few more photos
photo.JPG
roof beam.JPG

Ammunitionbunker

Post by Ammunitionbunker » 31 Dec 2013 17:43

Hello Bunkertypology,

Great work indeed. I see that you have purchased some stuff from Dolp Modellbau. If I were you I would try scratch building with styrene sheets and profiles. It's very easy. I did the steel doors with styrene, and practically use it for all the stuff I need to build, except the structures of course; as I normally use 1mm thick cardboard in laminations to strengthen the profile, That I am working on. It is a way of saving money, as the aftermarket products cost quite a lot of money. I usually purchase the bolt heads and rivets from Tichy Train Group USA, as they are very cheap to buy and great products to use. 300 bolt heads cost only $2.50 + postage.

Well - Once again, well done - you are doing a great job. One day perhaps we can organize an international bunker scale modelling club, and organize an exhibition. That would be something.
Life is too short to matter
Just do it your way and never look back
Paul - Malta

Bagge

Post by Bagge » 02 Jan 2014 21:53

Where you find your drawings? i just find layouts but no detailed drwings of regelbau and other bunkers.
Also interested if someone have a link to drawings of armour plates and doors etc. for bunkers :)
//Mats

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 05 Jan 2014 16:35

Hi Paul

You are right about the Dolph parts, they are expensive. This is first time I've used them and it was the fact that they were metal that I decided to use them for this model. These parts set in concrete would be as close to the real thing as possible. Ill see how this model turns out before getting anymore. Making them out of plastics section might be some thing I will try next time.

As for an international modelling club, who knows. Might have to have differing categories, plastic, cardboard and last but not least, my favourite Concrete.

Regards

Pat

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 11 Jan 2014 19:07

Hi All

I've managed to make the form for the Ringstand. It took quiet some tome to work out the stairs and proportions.
All the door frames have been fitted now, so my next phase will be the forms for the external walls.

For info - a great site for model building - fortiff.be/regelbau

Regards

Pat
photo (11).JPG

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 11 Jan 2014 19:09

photo.JPG

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 11 Jan 2014 19:11

photo (4).JPG

Bunkertypology

Post by Bunkertypology » 20 Jan 2014 00:58

Hi All

Ive made a start on the forms to the external wall. Quite difficult to get rounded edges to the roof. The flank wall is a real geometric challenge.

Return to “Model building”