model builder wanted

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Navy Vet

model builder wanted

Post by Navy Vet » 29 Jan 2014, 18:57

I am seeking a professional quality builder to make me a P-51 and B-17. I will pay whatever is the current fair market price for a completed model. It would have to be custom hand painted, not the stickers. Someone in the U.S. of A. is preferred solely due to shipping costs. Please post here or PM me with price range and sample builds. I have no idea of what scale yet but not bigger than 24" in length.
United States Naval Veteran

Haratio Fales

Re: model builder wanted

Post by Haratio Fales » 01 Feb 2014, 08:05

If You want them no bigger than 2 feet then the B17 would have to be a 1/72 scale, borderline 1/48. If You want them in the same scale as to display them side by side then I would consider where You intend to display them as the size of the area, and if they are going to be in a case, IE hanging from a ceiling and so forth. Do You want them to be certain series of the craft, like P51b, or P51d. There are also many variants of the B17. Specific paint jobs, for Era's and or Squadrons. I have made specific historical craft, and I have made just plain old good looking paint schemes that never existed on a real plane but looked as if it could have. I am assuming that You are a veteran of the Navy do to your Forum name (LOL). I was a Jet engine Mechanic on 2 different Aircraft Carriers between 1983 -1987. I see that you have been a member of this forum for 12 years and that's Impressive. Ah I just noticed the notes on the Ships You were stationed on. I was on the USS. Ranger, The USS. Kitty Hawk, and for a one month work up on the USS. Enterprise. I hope my info helped out shipmate Smooth Sailing. Haratio.
Shoot till You see the Whites of their tails.

Fox Thre3

Post by Fox Thre3 » 30 Apr 2015, 08:32

Navy Vet wrote:I am seeking a professional quality builder to make me a P-51 and B-17. I will pay whatever is the current fair market price for a completed model. It would have to be custom hand painted, not the stickers. Someone in the U.S. of A. is preferred solely due to shipping costs. Please post here or PM me with price range and sample builds. I have no idea of what scale yet but not bigger than 24" in length.
Not sure if you're still looking for someone to perform the work for you, but I'd like to help you out. Please email me at [email protected]. You can check out all of my previous work at www.foxthre3customs.com in the gallery. Please let me know if I may help.

Navy Vet

Post by Navy Vet » 10 Jun 2015, 01:01

Thanks for the offer but I have found a local service. However, your work is outstanding I must say.
United States Naval Veteran

Return to “Model building”