- Posts: 127
- Joined: 07 Aug 2004 16:31
- Location: Puerto Rico
3rd Company Command group vehicle
Changed tactical for it to be any 3rd Company command platoon vehicle.
Bought this vehicle recently from Chamildav. It is an awesome vehicle! Extremely happy with this new addition to the motor pool.
Details about this vehicle from Charles:
Jepy designed this and created the blueprints and templates for it. His modelling group made up seven of them, and Jepy built three, this model is one of the three.
This is a custom model built from styrene with resin running gear and detail parts from Panzerwerk and wood and metal tools and clips from the late Mike Stannard of Sixth Scale Icons. Detailed interior with transmission housing, dash etc., seats and benches are covered in leather, storage bench is hinged and opens, exterior opening storage locker door, front wheels steer, opening hood, opening back door with functioning latch, radio and speaker by Panzerwerk, Tetra fire extinguisher and antennas by Sixth Scale Icons, custom gun shield, rifle rack, MG and AA mount hangars, MP40 hangers and five cell magazine pouch, and other interior details.
Once I got it from Charles I repainted the tracks, added some shading, weathering and dry brushing throughout. Changed the tactical markings to make them more flexible for any outdoor photoshoot. Cut down the 2m antennae to the regular 1.4m length.
Some more images with cloud cover, my preferred lighting condition:
Here a couple of the vehicle before I overpainted it, added some shading and weathering:
More pre-purchase images and some WIP images in this album:
I basically did to this vehicle what I do to all my vehicles. If you have any questions let me know. I always start with the vehicle upside down. I add what I call my swamp mix. It is a mixture of white glue, static grass, dirt, HO railroad ballast and some soapy water. In this large scale it looks better to have some texture to the dirt. Alo usually the best shots are from low angle, so doing it this way, you avoid clean spots showing up unexpectedly. Once dry, I paint with the airbrush, using Tamiya Flat Earth, add shading with a very dark red brown color, my shading color. I then dry brush with a mixture of Flat Earth and Buff.. Once I’m done underneath I cover the running gear so it stays as finished when I paint and weather the upper side. Flipped the vehicle. Painted over some of the green and red brown areas. Added the shading, dry bushing and some blending with Flat Earth. His is basically my recipe, with few variations, for all my vehicles. Same if they are Panzer Gray.
The tracks I painted with my shading color(very dark red brown). Dry brushed with a mix of Gunmetal and Chrome Silver. Painted the rubber shoes in a very dark gray brown color.
Will post a small dio in a separate thread with some PzLehr figures with this vehicle in the background.