Christian Tychsen's Pz.Bef.Wg at Kursk, 1/35

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Sauerkraut

Christian Tychsen's Pz.Bef.Wg at Kursk, 1/35

Post by Sauerkraut » 14 Apr 2017, 22:49

Hi!

I would like to share pictures of my current work, Christian Tychsen's command Panzer III Ausf. J at Kursk.

I have only a partial photo and a drawing of the real tank, and don't know exactly where to put the markings. If anyone can help out finding photos it would be great))

It is still work in progress as you can see - tank number (B11) on the turret and perhaps on turret schurzen are left to be done, also the tracks and all weathering, chipping... So the colors won't be this bright when it is finished!

The model is dragon 6570. I have ordered workable tracks, because although pretty nicely detailed, the rubber ones provided in the kit are too short to fit the model. Or possibly I just don't know how to use them - anyway I prefer do it with classic piece-by-piece tracks.

The "Karracho" marking on the turret schurzen is hand-painted, the "Das Reich" tactical sign (doppelrune) and Balkenkreuz on the side are done with home-made masks and airbrush. B11s will be hand-painted unless I find a way to do masks.

Base colors: dunkelgeld is Vallejo airbrush colors 25 and 230, proportion 50/50 ; the green is Vallejo 006 light green.

The only big difficulty is the metal schurzen - even when dry, the paint on it remains pretty fragile!

Of course I can't say it will be a marvel, but I am not disapointed so far, since it is my first model since I was a child. Before doing it I only did a few 1/100 tanks, basically to learn how to use the airbrush!
Attachments
20170414_163153(0).jpg
20170414_163133(1).jpg
20170414_163107.jpg

Return to “Model building”