Sd.Kfz. 7 workshop

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
arcano

Sd.Kfz. 7 workshop

Post by arcano » 03 Feb 2021, 02:59

Hi everybody...
I'm nearly to build this 1:35 old Tamiya kit,but not OOB;i heard about a workshop version but after a search in the web i can't find any pic nor drawing.
Someone can help me?
Thanks in advance

Alanmccoubrey

Re: Sd.Kfz. 7 workshop

Post by Alanmccoubrey » 05 Feb 2021, 11:55

I for one have never heard of a workshop version of the SdKfz 7, it would seem at first glance to be a waste of a valuable tractor.
Alan

gebhk

Post by gebhk » 05 Feb 2021, 22:13

Hi Alan - the same though I am not in any sense an expert so the fact I have never seen/heard of one doesn't prove much. However, folk are often quite imprecise in their terminology and I have often seen recovery vehicles with cranes called 'workshop vehicles'. Maybe this is what it's all about?

Incidentally, while I agree that in a well-appointed army using a half-track as a basis for a workshop vehicle is a waste, an army that does not have decent 4x4 trucks may find the alternative of a halftrack attractive. The Polish army for example certainly flirted with such a concept for its tank units....

arcano

Post by arcano » 10 Feb 2021, 03:54

Ok,thanks for your answers.
As gebhk says,is possible a wrong interpretation of a pic.
Regards..

kstdk

Post by kstdk » 10 Feb 2021, 12:13

Hallo

The only one that comes to mind is the one of a Opel Blitz:

https://www.klueser.de/kit.php?index=6354&language=en

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=we ... BasicHover

Regards
Kurt
kstdk

gebhk

Post by gebhk » 11 Feb 2021, 19:32

Another thing that occurs is that from time to time Polish kit is mistaken for German - not least perhaps because later in the war, the Germans adopted a Polish- style camo for their vehicles. Even very respected authors have fallen prey to that trap from time to time, most amusingly someone of impeccable otherwise scholarship, identifying Polish horse-drawn engineers' vehicles as the Wehrmacht's motorised might which he compares somewhat disparagingly with the poor nags of real WH on the other side of the road! Perhaps the Polish workshop body on the wz 34 half-track chassis has been mislabled as 'German' somewhere on the wibbly-wobbly-web????

Return to “Model building”