New to this, but need some creative help....

Discussions on historical model building of all eras.
Otto Krienert

New to this, but need some creative help....

Post by Otto Krienert » 05 Sep 2002, 18:53

First off, hello. I have a question, that might be hard to answer. More of a problem really. I am in an independent study in my high school, (senior year) ans have a entire class period to research WWII from the axis side. Wich is something i love learning about. But i kinda need to do a project for the end of the class. And im stuck. I want to do something creative....And i have some Comp. 3d modeling skills...and hands on skills....and reasearch skill....BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! I love the tech. of the eara...but im still stuck. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME WELL NEEDED TIPS!!! Thanks for anyhelp provided...I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! Its probably the best thing to happen on the internet for me in a long time...and im on waaaaay too much :D Peace

Otto

Timo

Post by Timo » 05 Sep 2002, 20:39

Hallo Otto,

Perhaps its an idea to research a the history of a specific vehicle and its crew and unit. For example Michael Wittmann or Ernst Barkmann (because much is written about them) and their crews and vehicle (Tiger for Wittmann, Panther for Barkmann) in a particular battle. You could include a model of that vehicle with correct , camo pattern, callsign and unit markings.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Timo

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 05 Sep 2002, 20:48

Timo makes a strong case. You might want to talk to Alkan Tolga, as he knows a lot about Ernst Barkmann.

I'll be glad to help you with any question regarding a Panzer...

Christian

Otto Krienert

Wow, thanks...Quick replys!!

Post by Otto Krienert » 06 Sep 2002, 00:10

Yea, hmm. I love the tiger 1. That is probalby one of my favorit tanks of all time. (kinda weird). So, any help on that subject. And where could i get some really really really detailed info/photos for the model. heh, another question for anyone who can help...I can model, but im new to it. So any tips on modeling of the tiger...or whatever i chose to do would be cool too. Thank you so much, this site has found its place in my heart :D

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 06 Sep 2002, 00:52

Try to look at http://pictures.panzerworld.net

also look at http://www.tigerpanzer.de

Christian

Zapfenstreich

You Might Check Out Amps

Post by Zapfenstreich » 06 Sep 2002, 19:47

Hallo Otto

You might check out this site for some modeling ideas:

http://www.amps-armor.org/default.asp