Gauleiter, Volume 3

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Gauleiter, Volume 3

Post by Michael Miller » 03 Nov 2020, 17:07

Just stumbled upon a pleasant surprise on a day of tense uncertainty: https://www.fonthill.media/products/gauleiter-3.

The advertisement erroneously states the book wil be available for dispatch on 21 January 2020. I've emailed the publisher about that, as it should of course read 2021.

Were it not for Axis History Forum, not one volume of this series would have seen publication.

Sincerest thanks to so many of the members here.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

From https://www.fonthill.media/products/gauleiter-3

**THIS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DISPATCH ON 21 JANUARY 2020**
(Please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Pre-Order below)

The third of four planned volumes objectively documenting the senior leadership of the Nazi Party

616 pages and lavishly illustrated with 508 photographs, many previously unpublished

Includes translations of numerous contemporary documents, newspaper articles, speeches and personal correspondence

The first and only comprehensive study of all Gauleiters in any language

‘The reference works by Michael Miller and Andreas Schulz, painstakingly compiled on the basis of meticulous research, are a great help to historians of the Third Reich and to anyone wishing to learn precise biographical and career details of the Nazi leadership.’
Sir Ian Kershaw

No dictator can effectively govern a nation on his own. This was certainly the case with Adolf Hitler who had little time for or interest in the day-to-day regional administration of the Nazi Party.

For that purpose, he appointed his most loyal, charismatic and brutal subordinates: the ‘Little Hitlers’, officially known as Gauleiters.

In this third volume of a series begun in 2012, Michael Miller and Andreas Schulz present in meticulous detail the lives, careers and crimes of thirty-seven such men. Included are several whose wartime career paths took them outside of their home provinces and led to widespread oppression and terror outside the borders of the Third Reich. Among these were Fritz Sauckel who presided over the roundup of millions for slave labour in the Reich, Josef Terboven who oppressed the people of Norway with uncompromising brutality for five years and Gustav Simon who ruthlessly ‘Germanised’ Luxembourg. Perhaps most notorious of all was Julius Streicher whose virulent attacks – in writing and at the podium – made him the unofficial face of anti-Semitism in Nazi Germany.

BOOK ISBN 9781781558263
FORMAT 248 x 172 mm
BINDING Hardback
PAGES 616 pages
PUBLICATION DATE 21 January 2021
TERRITORY World
ILLUSTRATIONS 508 black-and-white photographs:
Attachments
Gauleiter-COVER - Copy.jpg

guder

Re: "Gauleiter, Volume 3" - Due for release in January 2021

Post by guder » 04 Nov 2020, 08:08

Count me in Michael. Good to Andreas is a part of Volume 3 too.

Cheers
Paul

guder

Re: "Gauleiter, Volume 3" - Due for release in January 2021

Post by guder » 23 Apr 2021, 12:40

Hi Michael,

Looks like your book is shipping in May. Look forward to it.

Paul

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Re: [Updated] "Gauleiter, Volume 3" - Now in stock

Post by Michael Miller » 27 May 2021, 17:12

After four years of work, finally printed and in stock. Sorry for the false starts of earlier months. NOW it's been printed and is ready to ship.

From the publisher's website:

* The third of four planned volumes objectively documenting the senior leadership of the Nazi Party

* 656 pages and lavishly illustrated with over 500 photographs, many previously unpublished

* Includes translations of numerous contemporary documents, newspaper articles, speeches and personal correspondence

* The first and only comprehensive study of all Gauleiters in any language

No dictator can effectively govern a nation on his own. This was certainly the case with Adolf Hitler who had little time for or interest in the day-to-day regional administration of the Nazi Party. For that purpose, he appointed his most loyal, charismatic and brutal subordinates: the ‘Little Hitlers’, officially known as Gauleiters.

In this third volume of a series begun in 2012, Michael Miller and Andreas Schulz present in meticulous detail the lives, careers and crimes of thirty-seven such men. Included are several whose wartime career paths took them outside of their home provinces and led to widespread oppression and terror outside the borders of the Third Reich.

Among these were Fritz Sauckel who presided over the roundup of millions for slave labour in the Reich, Josef Terboven who oppressed the people of Norway with uncompromising brutality for five years and Gustav Simon who ruthlessly ‘Germanised’ Luxembourg.

Perhaps most notorious of all was Julius Streicher whose virulent attacks – in writing and at the podium – made him the unofficial face of anti-Semitism in Nazi Germany.

‘The reference works by Michael Miller and Andreas Schulz, painstakingly compiled on the basis of meticulous research, are a great help to historians of the Third Reich and to anyone wishing to learn precise biographical and career details of the Nazi leadership.’
~ Sir Ian Kershaw

https://www.fonthill.media/products/gauleiter-3
https://www.amazon.com/Gauleiter.../dp/ ... ref=sr_1_2
Attachments
Gauleiter covers - smaller size for AHF post.jpg
GL Jacket.JPG

Cosgar

Post by Cosgar » 27 May 2021, 19:53

Excellent news Michael! Congratulations.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 27 May 2021, 20:14

Thank you, Cosgar!

Cosgar

Post by Cosgar » 04 Jun 2021, 18:15

Michael, having had the chance to delve into the finished product, I can only say absolutely fantastic. An excellent reference book with the added extra of the Gauleiter showing themselves in their own words. Let the story be told by those who lived it and let the reader decide what he wants to based on the evidence.
I can seriously recommend this enormous volume of information to anybody who is interested in this period and these men. Well done.

MikeSimps

Post by MikeSimps » 08 Jun 2021, 19:31

I'm so happy with this volume! It is chock full of detail. Absolutely excellent referencing material and a must have.

pim

Post by pim » 10 Jun 2021, 08:43

I very recently received volume 3. It is an outstanding book, packed with well researched information and a lot of unique photos. The book is indeed a must have for any person with a serious interest in the period of the Third Reich and Second World War.

Congratulations and many thanks to the authors Mike Miller and Andreas Schulz on a job so extremely well done. Your efforts, and the efforts your publisher Fonthill, are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Peter

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 13 Jun 2021, 05:06

Many thanks for these kind and gratifying words. Still waiting to receive my copies, and hopeful that my assessment will be even half as positive.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 15 Jun 2021, 10:24

I’m hanging in there with my Amazon order. A few delays….USA gets these a little later. UK stores is first to sell. July 14 USA release date. Hope to get it by third week July. There’s a lot of interesting characters in this volume.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 17 Jun 2021, 20:29

This is my copy of the book. There are many like it but this one is mine...
Attachments
Gauleiter 3 cover for AHF - 17 June 2021.jpg
Gauleiter 3 dedication.JPG

Cosgar

Post by Cosgar » 18 Jun 2021, 14:40

A very proud moment indeed. To have been involved in such a monumental project and seeing the finished product. Stunning.

Mark Costa

Post by Mark Costa » 18 Jun 2021, 15:51

Michael:

Your dedication to Roger is so true. His influence on so many of us is immeasurable. And you too are in the same category. These books are the "bibles" and no one should be without them if they are interested in the NSDAP. Can't wait to get mine -- waiting on amazon as usual.

Best regards,

Mark

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 19 Jun 2021, 16:58

Immensely honored by your words, Mark. Thank you, for this and for nearly two decades of help and encouragement.

Best wishes,
~ Mike

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”