"PANZER GROUP 3" BOOK, BY GENERAL HERMANN HOTH

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
dpast32

"PANZER GROUP 3" BOOK, BY GENERAL HERMANN HOTH

Post by dpast32 » 13 May 2022, 23:40

Hello Gentlemen, I have a question regarding an particular publication I'm debating whether to purchase or not, & would like to check if anyone here has either read it, or happen to have information pertaining to its overall content ? First of all, my primary, & only real interest in this Book pertains to my attempt at learning about the German 205th Infantry Division's operations during May - June 1942, while they were under the 3rd Panzer Armee's command, within Army Group Center. The Author of this Book was Hermann 'Poppa' Hoth, who was the Commanding Officer of the 3rd Panzer Armee during the period of my interest.( May & June 1942 ) The Book is;

"PANZER OPERATIONS: GERMANY'S PANZER GROUP 3 DURING THE INVASION OF RUSSIA, 1941"
( 'DIE WEHRMACHT IM KAMPF BOOK' 11 ) BY HERMANN HOTH.

If anyone happens to know anything regarding the content of this Book, especially if it ever references either the 205 Infantry Division, or even better, the 335th Infantry Regiment of the 205 I.D. ? If it does contain any relevant, or useful information regarding the above mentioned units, I would gladly purchase it. But, I have so many Books now, the last thing I need is yet another Book, which will only be filed away for possible future reference. THANK YOU Guys !!

Best regards, Dom P.

P.S.: As an addendum to the above, I just realized that Panzer Group 3 became 3rd Panzer Armee In January 1942, so this Book might not even relate to the 1942 operations which I'm interested in ?

DT-SC

Re: "PANZER GROUP 3" BOOK, BY GENERAL HERMANN HOTH

Post by DT-SC » 14 May 2022, 15:57

The book covers 1941 actions only

dpast32

Re: "PANZER GROUP 3" BOOK, BY GENERAL HERMANN HOTH

Post by dpast32 » 14 May 2022, 18:01

THANK YOU, 'DT-SC', Very Much !! As I continued reading the Books' description, I recalled that 'my unit' didn't arrive within the newly formed, & also now re-named, 3rd Panzer Armee, formed IIRC, circa January 1942 or thereabouts. So therefore, General Hoth's study almost assuredly wouldn't have mentioned anything of Interest to me, which is exactly why I inquired about it prior to buying it. Honestly, it's too bad, as had covered the 1st half of 1942, I probably would of been of real use to me, maybe ? THANKS AGAIN, I appreciate it very much !!

Best, Dom P.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”