Erwin Meierdrees

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Kon_Greece

Erwin Meierdrees

Post by Kon_Greece » 23 May 2023, 17:11

After two torturous weeks of editing, re-writing and frantically IDing fellows in period photos and trying to discern if it was Meierdrees or Seela or Riefkogel, my book is finally out.

Meierdrees was one of the most successful Panzer battalion commanders of the Waffen SS, this is the only biography about his service and life that exists.

Over 100 pages are accompanied by 80 period photographs telling the story of Meierdrees through France, Demyansk, Kharkov, Kursk, Poland and finally Hungary, where he was killed in action. The photos largely depict Meierdrees, some of his vehicles, other officers in the T-div Panzer regiment, some events he was present at, and finally his last Panther and crew. Also, several documents serve as primary sources to assist in the narrative.
I must thank all those who assisted me with photos and advice, especially Andrey Zubkov.

It is priced at $23.99 on the US Amazon, and available on all regional Amazon websites. These are the links for amazon.com and .de.

https://www.amazon.com/Erwin-Meierdrees ... 181&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Konstantinos ... 170&sr=8-1
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-23 105456.png
sample5_wm.png
sample4_wm.png
sample3_wm.png
sample2_wm.png

Kon_Greece

Re: Erwin Meierdrees

Post by Kon_Greece » 23 May 2023, 17:14

and front cover
Attachments
cover1.png

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 23 May 2023, 19:57

Congratulations, Kon, on completing a unique and surely fascinating biography of this well-known but little-explored officer.

With best wishes and thanks,
~ Mike

Kon_Greece

Post by Kon_Greece » 26 May 2023, 12:58

Many many thanks Mike !

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”