Excellent Book on German Fighter Aces of ww2

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 08 Jan 2003, 21:24

Ooops, sorry about that. I apologize Desert Fox! :o

regards

The Desert Fox

Post by The Desert Fox » 09 Jan 2003, 14:02

To "charlie don't surf"

no worries mate. Are you a bit of a fan of Walter Krupinski?

regards
The Desert Fox

The Desert Fox

Re: WWII Books and Videos

Post by The Desert Fox » 09 Jan 2003, 14:11

Bobbie wrote:Hey Desert Fox!

I think that they're a little more personable because it's a family run business and a person (Judith) emails you back as oppose to some big corporation.

Bobbie
Yes the smaller family business certainly provides a much better personalised service. I was certainly impressed as to what they had to offer.

regards
The Desert Fox

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 09 Jan 2003, 14:32

Hi Desert Fox. Well fighter aces and the Luftwaffe is more of an interest of my father. I through my his book collection at times and read about Krupinski, Späte and the other jet aces in the Osprey book. I had a big Luftwaffe interest when I was younger, I even tried a go at Gallands memoirs at fifth grade.

regards/ Daniel
Last edited by Daniel L on 09 Jan 2003, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

The Desert Fox

Post by The Desert Fox » 09 Jan 2003, 14:55

charlie don't surf wrote:Hi Desert Fox. Well fighter aces and the Luftwaffe is more of an interest of my father. I go through my his book collection at times and read about Krupinski, Späte and the other jet aces in the Osprey book. I had a big Luftwaffe interest when I was younger, I even tried a go at Gallands memoirs at fifth grade.
regards/ Daniel
Yes Daniel, I too as a kid was was much more interested in building the german planes of the enemy, than the planes of the allies. This early interest in making models has led to interest in reading books about the aircraft and the aces who flew them. My current focus in reading has been books about german aces, having read Gallands "The first and Last" and the book which started this thread. Having just completed this book I am looking at finding the biography of other aces to read. Thinking about hunting down the biography of Enrich Hartmann.

regards
The Desert Fox

Daniel L

Post by Daniel L » 09 Jan 2003, 15:14

I can recommend 'I Flew for the Führer' by Heinz Knoke, highly decorated fighter ace.

regards

Bobbie

More Luftwaffe Talk

Post by Bobbie » 10 Jan 2003, 06:55

Hey Desert Fox and charlie don't surf:

The Osprey series is really good. I've got a couple of their books. The Erich Hartmann bio is "TheBlond Knight of Germany", and I think there's a few others. One of them is by his wife Ursula, and is an excellent pictorial.

Colin Heaton has done some wonderful interviews with several Luftwaffe aces before they passed on such as Hartmann, Galland, and Steinhoff. I think they were in "World War II magazine". I had the magazine with Hartmann's interview and they listed a web site which I think was History.net. In the September 2002 on-line issue the interviews with Galland and Steinhoff are there to read. Very interesting stuff . If you can't pull it up, email me directly so I can send it to you. I had trouble copying it to put in this post. My email is [email protected].

Thanks!
Bobbie

The Desert Fox

Re: More Luftwaffe Talk

Post by The Desert Fox » 10 Jan 2003, 09:43

Bobbie wrote:Hey Desert Fox and charlie don't surf:

The Osprey series is really good. I've got a couple of their books. The Erich Hartmann bio is "TheBlond Knight of Germany", and I think there's a few others. One of them is by his wife Ursula, and is an excellent pictorial.

Colin Heaton has done some wonderful interviews with several Luftwaffe aces before they passed on such as Hartmann, Galland, and Steinhoff. I think they were in "World War II magazine". I had the magazine with Hartmann's interview and they listed a web site which I think was History.net. In the September 2002 on-line issue the interviews with Galland and Steinhoff are there to read. Very interesting stuff . If you can't pull it up, email me directly so I can send it to you. I had trouble copying it to put in this post. My email is [email protected].

Thanks!
Bobbie
Thanks Bobbie much appreciated. I have sent you an email.

regards
The Desert Fox

Erich

books on the aces

Post by Erich » 14 Jan 2003, 00:31

prepare yourself.......

http://www.eagle-editions.com

start drooling and start saving your monies.......some of the finest books ever published.

E 8)

The Desert Fox

Re: books on the aces

Post by The Desert Fox » 14 Jan 2003, 08:51

Erich wrote:prepare yourself.......

http://www.eagle-editions.com

start drooling and start saving your monies.......some of the finest books ever published.

E 8)
Nice work Erich. Thanks for the tip.

regards
The Desert Fox

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”