Der SS-Totenkopfring book

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Germania

Der SS-Totenkopfring book

Post by Germania » 30 Dec 2002, 18:24

"Der SS-Totenkopfring" his illustrated history from 1933-1945! Does anybody read this book? And I need some opinions! My opinion it is an excellent book for this theme with a list of SS members wear the ring and much pictures of orginal papers about the ring! If anybody doesn´t have this book but is interessted in this ring buy it! Look at http://www.militaria-zeitschrift.de under links!

Phil V

Post by Phil V » 31 Dec 2002, 15:38

If you have an interest in researching the subject of Totenkopf rings the definitive work is SS-Totenkopf H. Himmler Honor Ring 1933-1945 by Don Boyle.

I would recommend this book to you.

Available at Angleray and Boyles website.

A well researched book by an expert in the field.

Germania

Post by Germania » 01 Jan 2003, 12:31

I think the book " Der SS-Totenkopfring" his illustrated history is the better one! Because all statements has facts as an base much documents from this time where printed! All Unterführer und Führer which wear the ring are listed with name, rank and SS number!
About the book of Don Boyle he writes: Boyle, Don - SS Totenkopf. H.Himmlers Honor Ring 1933-1945 - Taylor (USA)
(für die wenigen, aber fehlerhaften Fakten, werden keine Quellen genannt)
Klaus D. Patzwall is a wellknown and excellent author for militaria books!

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”