Reference Suggestion

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Andy H
Forum Staff

Reference Suggestion

Post by Andy H » 02 Jan 2003, 21:34

Hi Marcus

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Wouldn't it be a good idea given the vast range of books we own between the posters that we should have a central listing within TRF, so when people ask about good books dealing with Barbarossa or German Naval Ships they can be directed to said listing.

Obvious details would inc. Title, Author, Publisher&Year and ISBN. They could be listed in subject order etc.

Maybe we could use the sticky approach though that may become unwieldy.

:D Andy from the Shire

David C. Clarke
In memoriam

Post by David C. Clarke » 03 Jan 2003, 06:35

Hi Andy, I think it would e a good idea. However, it would be a very long list and we would have very long arguments during the listing.... :D

Best Regards, David

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 03 Jan 2003, 13:59

It would be useful with such lists, but I think the best way to come up with a listing would be to have a thread on each topic, duscussing the books, and refer people to those, that we we don't loose the comments about each book.

But on second thought, once we have discussed books on one topic someone who feels strongly about it could make a list out of it that I can post on the site and include a link to the original discussion for those interested in making comments or reading more about the books.

/Marcus

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”