Review: Wegbereiter der Shoah

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Marcus

Review: Wegbereiter der Shoah

Post by Marcus » 24 Jul 2009, 21:20

A review of "Wegbereiter der Shoah: Die Waffen-SS, der Kommandostab Reichsführer-SS und die Judenvernichtung 1939-1945" by Martin Cüppers has been added to the site.
http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=11673

btw. The idea with these threads are to encourage discussions on the books reviewed so they can be an addition to the reviews on the site.

/Marcus

Adam Carr

Re: Review: Wegbereiter der Shoah

Post by Adam Carr » 26 Jul 2009, 07:55

Some entertaining babelfish translations there. I did like "Herrenvolk" rendered as "Mr People."

Jan-Hendrik

Re: Review: Wegbereiter der Shoah

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 26 Jul 2009, 08:15

I found this book rather a waste of time, as it contains for the informed reader not much really knew or unknown on this topix that make it worth spending about 60 Euros for it. By the way, the argumentation line for his central thesis was more then weak, using simply two units as example to "proove" that the whole SS should have been a genocidal gang :roll:
Myself is the last one you can call an "SS Freak", I often enough stated that it was, from the military point of view, nothing more than a huge waste of resources.
In my point of View Cüpper's argumentation is heavily unbalanced...

Jan-Hendrik

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”