The Field Men

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Al Carter

The Field Men

Post by Al Carter » 03 May 2002 04:04

The Field Men: The SS Officers Who Led the Einsatzkommandos-the Nazi Mobile Killing Units, by French MacLean.

Is this book worth purchasing?

Al Carter

Schmauser

Post by Schmauser » 03 May 2002 11:24

Hey Al, since I don't have any of his books I'd probably say it's your choice, however French McLean does seem to do a good job. This book is mainly introducing you to a couple of hundred SS officers who led the Einsatzkommandos, and if that is your interest I'd say get it. Especially if you, like me want to know what these men got up to and what their eventual fate was, then like me you would want to purchase this book. Hope this helps.

~Regards Schmauser

MICHAELM82

Post by MICHAELM82 » 08 May 2002 21:57

Hi,
This book is mainly a encyclopedia type on Einsatzgruppen officers.There is a good size photo section of the officers, and a overview of the Einsatzgruppen structure.
If you enjoy that one, a similar one by same author is Camp Men, exact set up as Field Men.
Wouldnt say to rush right out and get it but if you are interested in the Einsatzgruppen like I am its worth the time and money, really only one on the subject I know of.
Best
Mike

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”