New Kursk book - Kursk, The Battle of Prokhorovka

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
ViKinG

Re: New Kursk book - Kursk, The Battle of Prokhorovka

Post by ViKinG » 10 Nov 2015, 00:32

I just got mine in the mail today. I paid via credit card and the payment came through roughly 2 weeks ago and it seems the book was shipped right after that. So I'd say 8-10 days shipping time. So unless a payment went through on your credit card or paypal, then the book is not on its way to your house. If it went through, it won't be long before it shows up. By the way, this thing is gigantic!! haha Not sure if my book shelf will handle it.

Luc

Michate

Post by Michate » 11 Nov 2015, 20:06

After reading the last comments, I checked my email box again and - horrido - I found an invoice I had missed.

I payed via PayPal and today got a message the book has been shipped. Let's see how long it takes to arrive.

Mikko H.

Post by Mikko H. » 12 Nov 2015, 21:06

Received mine today.

My only complaint is it's so gargantuan it can't be used as toilet reading :-)

ViKinG

Post by ViKinG » 17 Nov 2015, 11:31

I know! you can't even put it on your lap or hold it up to read, no this book has to be on a table for reading haha.

pintere
Financial supporter

Post by pintere » 17 Nov 2015, 15:59

ViKinG wrote:I know! you can't even put it on your lap or hold it up to read, no this book has to be on a table for reading haha.
I've been able to read on my lap no problem... :D

dak4482

Post by dak4482 » 06 Jul 2017, 02:59

Chris are you around? Question about a possible errata in your new book. Have any been reported? Wondering about page 130 2nd column on bottom. States XLVIII Inf Div consisted of ... 168th Inf Div..... Shouldnt that be 167th?

Dan

hoot72

Post by hoot72 » 18 Aug 2017, 07:11

JC wrote:Chris Lawrence’s long awaited book: Kursk, The Battle of Prokhorovka, is finally at the printers! I have proof read all three drafts of the book over the last ten years or so and I can tell you that it is quite a book. It is more than 1600 pages and you won’t find more detail, on both the German side and the Soviet side, anywhere, and the maps are great! It deals with all actions of the 4 PzAOK and AA Kempf, focusing on XXXXVIII Pz.K., II SS Pz.K., & III Pz.K. and the Soviet forces opposing them, leading up to Prokhorovka and the combat thereabouts. Probably be on the book shelves by the fall. Dust jacket is below00-Kursk-dj final copySM2.jpg

Sorry, won't accept a larger picture file.

JC
I have heard its a book one has to absolutely get and read. Do you remember if he talks about the Porsche Ferdinand tank destroyers and how they performed in the Northern side of the battle front and if the area they fought in includes maps?

Am about to buy the book but wondering if the book also covers the Ferdinands of 653 and 654.
Whever we went, whatever we did, we quoted the songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUhjWJVVCQ&t=199s

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 18 Aug 2017, 09:40

It covers the southern sector. If you want a good book about the Ferdinands then look for a book called Objective Ponyri by Martin Nevshemal and published by Leaping Horseman Books. Or look for the book The Combat History of German Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II which can be found on Amazon.

hoot72

Post by hoot72 » 12 Feb 2019, 08:05

hucks216 wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 09:40
It covers the southern sector. If you want a good book about the Ferdinands then look for a book called Objective Ponyri by Martin Nevshemal and published by Leaping Horseman Books. Or look for the book The Combat History of German Heavy Anti-Tank Unit 653 in World War II which can be found on Amazon.
thank you so much!
Whever we went, whatever we did, we quoted the songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUhjWJVVCQ&t=199s

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”