Deutschlands Generale und Admirale

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Robert Otto Brockmeier

Deutschlands Generale und Admirale

Post by Robert Otto Brockmeier » 22 May 2017, 04:25

Is there any chance that Biblio Verlag will complete the series of the Generale des Heeres? If not, is there a reputable source to finish the data for M-Z? I have the Keilig book along with some other sources, but it really is a shame that the series could not be completed. Any suggestions are appreciated.
ROB

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Deutschlands Generale und Admirale

Post by Dieter Zinke » 22 May 2017, 10:43

The Biblio publishing house [Biblio-Verlag] no longer exists. His stock of books was sold to VDM Heinz Nickel, Zweibrücken. The publishing archive (probably with the manuscript "Die Generale des Heeres", letter M - Z) was sold to a US collector.
I myself was involved in the review and correction of this manuscript from the pen of Karl-Friedrich Hildebrand. Hildebrand had in the fewest cases the originals of the complete personnel files available, but he was mostly based on the "Krug Collection" ["Sammlung Krug"] in the Freiburg Military Archives [BArch/MilArch, Freiburg/Br.], a source which is unfortunately incomplete and contains errors. After Hildebrand's death, Günter Wegmann, the highly-ardent man, took over the processing of the unfinished manuscript. Unfortunately, he was no longer able to spend the print-ready work and the publishing house missed and slept the unique opportunity.
I myself worked out the missing biographies of the generals completely new and have so far done with the means available to me the generals "M - U". A few of them I have already presented here in ABR.
I make my work available to Verlag Veit Scherzer. I do not work with VDM in Zweibrücken.

Dieter Z.

Robert Otto Brockmeier

Post by Robert Otto Brockmeier » 24 May 2017, 22:28

Thank you for the information. That helps a lot!
Robert O.

taurus

Post by taurus » 01 Sep 2018, 21:03

It is unfortunate that the work on the end of the series of such fundamental work has not been completed.
Please tell me, is it possible to buy existing volumes in the digital version?
Best regards

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”