New edition of "Moscow Tram Stop" by Stackpole dead?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
stolypin

New edition of "Moscow Tram Stop" by Stackpole dead?

Post by stolypin » 12 Sep 2018, 02:28

Many months ago, Amazon listed a new edition of "Moscow Tram Stop" by Haape that Craig W.H. Luther was working on and Stackpole was publishing. It was supposed to be released 9/1/18. Though I normally get my books from Aberdeen Book Store, I pre-ordered this one from Amazon.

Last week I got an email from Amazon saying the book was "unavailable" and that my order had been cancelled. Anyone know the story behind this? My house is bursting at the seams with German WWII books but "Moscow Tram Stop" has always eluded me (though many say it is one of the best Eastern Front books). Would love to give it a read before retiring to the grave but I'm not willing to pay the $150+ price for the 1957 original edition.

Sejanus

Re: New edition of "Moscow Tram Stop" by Stackpole dead?

Post by Sejanus » 12 Sep 2018, 06:33

From what I gather from Dr Luther's blog, the reprint of Moscow Tram Stop has been planned for release during 2017, 2018 and now sometime in 2019. I do not know what has been causing the delays however I do look forward to reading the book when it is released. My understanding is that Stackpole will still be the publisher.

Dr Luther's email address is located at the following link. Perhaps he would respond to an inquiry message if further information is sought?

https://www.barbarossa1941.com/about-me

stolypin

Post by stolypin » 12 Sep 2018, 19:14

Thanks

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 13 Sep 2018, 09:17

Maybe you should search this forum as there are several discussions about the book and author.

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 03 Jul 2019, 04:26

According to the website the release could be late 2019, but the amazon listing says March 1, 2020. The pre-order price on amazon.ca is $52.
Sejanus wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 06:33
From what I gather from Dr Luther's blog, the reprint of Moscow Tram Stop has been planned for release during 2017, 2018 and now sometime in 2019. I do not know what has been causing the delays however I do look forward to reading the book when it is released. My understanding is that Stackpole will still be the publisher.

Dr Luther's email address is located at the following link. Perhaps he would respond to an inquiry message if further information is sought?

https://www.barbarossa1941.com/about-me

Pz III

Post by Pz III » 18 Jul 2019, 23:34

It is a well written and very interesting memoir. Well worth waiting for to be reprinted.

chrishope101

Post by chrishope101 » 07 Aug 2019, 20:20

stolypin wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 02:28
Many months ago, Amazon listed a new edition of "Moscow Tram Stop" by Haape that Craig W.H. Luther was working on and Stackpole was publishing. It was supposed to be released 9/1/18. Though I normally get my books from Aberdeen Book Store, I pre-ordered this one from Amazon.

Last week I got an email from Amazon saying the book was "unavailable" and that my order had been cancelled. Anyone know the story behind this? My house is bursting at the seams with German WWII books but "Moscow Tram Stop" has always eluded me (though many say it is one of the best Eastern Front books). Would love to give it a read before retiring to the grave but I'm not willing to pay the $150+ price for the 1957 original edition.
Hi, are you UK based? I have the original hand typed manuscript of this book - and by original I mean it was typed on paper and biund in brown paper and then smuggled out of Germany and given to my grandfather in the mid 1950s.
Ive love to show it to as many people as I can
Chris

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”