Good places to sell military books?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
PatrickBateman

Good places to sell military books?

Post by PatrickBateman » 07 Oct 2018, 14:29

Hi,

Has anyone tips for a good place (website?) to sell this book I have, "Easy Company 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment - In Photographs", read more about that book here https://www.genesis-publications.com/bo ... hotographs (THE COLLECTOR EDITION).

A must have for the die-hard Band of Brothers (Easy Company, 101st Airborne) fans. Limited to just 650 copies, signed by several E Company veterans.

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Re: Good places to sell military books?

Post by Jeff Leach » 08 Oct 2018, 09:34

Put it in the For Sale & Wanted Section. Ebay is another good place. Set up bidding and with a little luck you will get a really good price for it. Make sure you check Ebay, Bookfinder and Amazon to get an idea of what kind of prices are being asked for the book, so you get an idea of the kind of price you want.

Cult Icon

Post by Cult Icon » 08 Oct 2018, 13:35

what if you don't get a good price for your books on ebay, amazon, etc? Can you cancel?

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Post by Jeff Leach » 08 Oct 2018, 16:04

Set your initial bid to an acceptable price.

PatrickBateman

Post by PatrickBateman » 08 Oct 2018, 16:19

Doesn't Amazon or Ebay want an amount of the price you get for your product? And why can't you cancel if you are not happy with the price people offer. And is the For Sale & Wanted Section a safe place to sell products? I mean how do people get the deal done with transferring the money and product.

Jeff Leach
Host - Archive section

Post by Jeff Leach » 08 Oct 2018, 18:39

Paypal is the method of payment I prefer. There is a level of trust invovled.

Ken S.

Post by Ken S. » 08 Oct 2018, 22:48

Amazon isn't an auction site. One lists the book at the price one hopes or believes it is worth. Amazon takes a cut and also has a shipping credit that usually doesn't cover actual shipping, so this has to be factored into the price that you set. It's a matter of whether people want to pay you what you think the book is worth, which is usually "no", so it's not really an option for a quick sale in many cases. It's basically the same with eBay fixed-price listings, the difference being eBay allows sellers to set their own more realistic shipping credits. If you list as an auction, there's the option (for a fee) of having a reserve price.

PatrickBateman wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 16:19
Doesn't Amazon or Ebay want an amount of the price you get for your product? And why can't you cancel if you are not happy with the price people offer. And is the For Sale & Wanted Section a safe place to sell products? I mean how do people get the deal done with transferring the money and product.

PatrickBateman

Post by PatrickBateman » 09 Oct 2018, 07:40

Ken S. wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 22:48
Amazon isn't an auction site. One lists the book at the price one hopes or believes it is worth. Amazon takes a cut and also has a shipping credit that usually doesn't cover actual shipping, so this has to be factored into the price that you set. It's a matter of whether people want to pay you what you think the book is worth, which is usually "no", so it's not really an option for a quick sale in many cases. It's basically the same with eBay fixed-price listings, the difference being eBay allows sellers to set their own more realistic shipping credits. If you list as an auction, there's the option (for a fee) of having a reserve price.

PatrickBateman wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 16:19
In summary, don't use eBay or Amazon? I have no idea where else I have a good chance to sell this book for a good price.

MAMC

Post by MAMC » 09 Oct 2018, 12:18

The first thing should be is, to tell us how much you want for it?. You would appear to want to get a bidding war going WHEREVER, slim chance!.
Many many years ago my father ran a second hand store, and the worst kind of person coming in to sell something was the one who didn't know what price to ask for something. Almost everyone would start with an asking price--- and away you go bartering..
As my father would say "you can't be the buyer and the seller"
If your price is attractive enough you might get someone interested- including me!!!
"My hat and scarf Nester"...

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”