David Irvin[g] books

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Randy W.

David Irvin[g] books

Post by Randy W. » 13 Feb 2019, 01:31

I came across some books penned by David Irvin[g]. Would they be good reads. Has anyone read any of his books.

Sheldrake

Re: David Irvin books

Post by Sheldrake » 13 Feb 2019, 11:47

Randy W. wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 01:31
I came across some books penned by David Irvin. Would they be good reads. Has anyone read any of his books.
I assume you mean David Irving. I am not aware of any book by David Irvin on matters related to this forum.

His books are very readable, controversial and thought provoking. His biography of Rommel tore apart the hagiography and painted a plausable unpleasant figure. His book on the V weapons development was a revalation. Dresden pointed the finger at Churchill. Irving seemed to have the knack of uncovering German source material - smoking guns on many WW2 topics.

BUT and this is a big BUT

David Irving has been discredited for falsifying sources and denying the holocaust. There is little "neo" about his Nazi sympathies. He is not regarded as a reputable historian.

Hanny
Banned

Re: David Irvin books

Post by Hanny » 15 Feb 2019, 19:57

Randy W. wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 01:31
I came across some books penned by David Irvin. Would they be good reads. Has anyone read any of his books.
trail of the fox and earlier ought to ok, anything afterwards, including later editions of earlier works is going to contain white washing.

Its almost unheard of to see his books citied anymore mind you. And all his books are restricted access, from some colleges.https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 ... following/
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”