Anyone with a copy of the 'Kriegstagebuch des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht'

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
jpz4

Anyone with a copy of the 'Kriegstagebuch des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht'

Post by jpz4 » 28 Mar 2019 20:27

I'm not quite sure this is the right place to ask the question, but here we go:

Does anyone here happen to have a copy of Band 3 (1943) Erster Halbband)?

I'm looking to confirm a certain date which could be in conflict with the timeline I had expected. For 31 January there at two entries for OB West. The first refers to a date when OB West informed the OKW that it planned to relocate the 1.Pz.Div. to Bretagne. What date does the book give?
My notes say the books mentions 6 January, which I didn't question until I found information that makes 26 January more likely…..
The second entry refers to the same date and again 26 January seems more likely than 6 January. If it is the latter I will have look into it deeper, but I hope that won't be necessary. :? :wink:

carmilhan

Re: Anyone with a copy of the 'Kriegstagebuch des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht'

Post by carmilhan » 01 Apr 2019 21:28

Hello jpz4,
the first entry in the KTB OKW 31 January 1943:
" Der OB West hat am 6.1. gemeldet, dass die 1. PzDiv. ab 10.2. in die Bretagne verlegt und die 9.SS-Div. nach vierwöchigem Aufenthalt auf einen Truppenübungsplatz in Gegend Amiens vorgezogen werden soll [....]".
The 2nd entry deals with the formation of "bodenständigen Bataillonen" i.e.= "Der OB West hat ferner am selben Tag(!!) die Aufstellung v bodenständigen Batl zur Verstärkung der örtlichen Sicherung der 3 U-Boot-Stützpunkte im Bereich des AOK 7 beantragt [....]".

jpz4

Re: Anyone with a copy of the 'Kriegstagebuch des Oberkommandos der Wehrmacht'

Post by jpz4 » 03 Apr 2019 23:10

Thanks carmilhan, that matches my notes perfectly.

I still have doubts about the accuracy of this information, but I'll have to look outside the book to confirm that.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”