Iron Cross Magazine to launch in June

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Andy H
Forum Staff

Iron Cross Magazine to launch in June

Post by Andy H » 21 Apr 2019 13:51

Hi

Hope its of some interest:
A brand new magazine focusing entirely on German military history from 1914 to 1945 will be launched this summer.
Titled Iron Cross the beautifully designed, 132-page, perfect bound magazine, which will publish four times a year, will become the only magazine in the UK dedicated to this subject area.
Published by Warners Group Publications, which also publishes The Armourer magazine, Iron Cross will be produced by an Anglo-German editorial team headed by well-known militaria editor, Andy Saunders.
Hitherto the German history of the First and Second World Wars has been written one-dimensionally; it’s place in history magazines and books usually an instrument to tell the stories of the World Wars through the eyes of the Allied Forces. This publication will take a fresh, neutral and often critical look at what are often difficult topics - especially in relation to the history of the Third Reich and Nazi Germany.
The publication will put the German military under the microscope; looking at organisations and tactics, as well as at materiel, technology, politics and the more personal and human elements of the German serviceman’s experience.
The content will cover the land, sea and air war across all periods of both wars. To a more limited extent, it will cover the inter-war period in Germany between 1919 and 1939.
https://www.militaria-history.co.uk/new ... h-in-june/

Regards

Andy H

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Iron Cross Magazine to launch in June

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 22 Apr 2019 04:00

Went there, all in English pounds. NO way for buying from USA using dollars or even credit-debit, correct?

B Hellqvist

Post by B Hellqvist » 06 Jul 2019 03:01

I picked up the first issue while on holiday in London. I haven't had time to read it yet, but it looks very professional.

hucks216

Post by hucks216 » 06 Jul 2019 09:15

Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:
22 Apr 2019 04:00
Went there, all in English pounds. NO way for buying from USA using dollars or even credit-debit, correct?
You can download it as a digital magazine if you don't mind that sort of thing - see here:

https://pocketmags.com/eu/iron-cross-ma ... ntent=1529#

I have my copy and it is a well produced magazine of approx 130 pages.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”