"Führerliste der Waffen-SS" by John P. Moore

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Abbeyville Kid

Post by Abbeyville Kid » 30 May 2004, 22:19

Excellent! A MUST HAVE REFERENCE.I plan to obtain all the CD's
Thanks for all the information!!!!!!!! :D

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 18 Jul 2004, 08:45

Part 5 of “Führerliste der Waffen-SS” is now complete. Over 7,000 pages of documents from the personnel files of over, 1,100 foreign volunteer Waffen-SS officers from 28 countries. More than 450 photos, most never before published. I included the files (Personalakten) of most senior non-German officers who were battalion commanders and higher. I also included the complete files of graduates of the 1, 2 and 3 Germanic officer courses, unless the file was missing, and later courses. These personnel records contain biographical information, performance evaluations, recommendations for promotions, photos, casualty reports and sometimes reports of investigations. A study of these detailed personnel records will provide the reader with a special appreciation for these men. An additional 200+ pages of promotion and transfer lists plus listings of the graduates of all of the foreign officer courses at Bad Tölz and other officer courses are included in Part 5b.

Here are examples of the number of documents and files to be found in the sections of the various countries:

Number of Personnel Files / Number of Pages
Belgium 143 / 708
Denmark 124 / 998
Estonia 116 / 755
Finland 48 / 246
France 49 / 254
Latvia 102 / 703
Netherlands 209 / 1,271
Norway 125/ 685
Ukraine 50 / 269

A smaller number of files are included in the sections on Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Hungary, Iceland, India, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA and Yugoslavia. The files on 7 men from the USA and 4 from England who became Waffen-SS officers are included. The former Untersturmführer Robert Rohr, a “Volksdeutscher” from Yugoslavia, who served in the “Prinz Eugen”, “Nordland” and s.Panzer Abt.503, wrote the Foreword.

All of this is contained on 4 CDs and is available for purchase in two parts at US $75 or Euro 65 each. Contact me for ordering information or questions at:

[email protected]

John

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 29 Jul 2004, 03:06

I won't go into great detail, as John has already described these latest installments in the "Führerliste" series.

I'll just say that Parts 5a and 5b pick up where the preceding disks left off- immensely detailed, containing a wealth of personnel documents and photos which provide a rare and invaluable insight into the remarkably diverse group of men who wore the uniform of the Waffen-SS.

Sincerely,
~ Mike Miller

Jérôme

Re: ...

Post by Jérôme » 29 Jul 2004, 19:25

Michael Miller wrote:I won't go into great detail, as John has already described these latest installments in the "Führerliste" series.

I'll just say that Parts 5a and 5b pick up where the preceding disks left off- immensely detailed, containing a wealth of personnel documents and photos which provide a rare and invaluable insight into the remarkably diverse group of men who wore the uniform of the Waffen-SS.

Sincerely,
~ Mike Miller
I discover with a great pleasure the new part 5 of John Moore, as he always done, his work is really serious and a wonderful contribution to the knowledge of the waffen-ss history.
there is no doubt for me that his new CDs will be a "best -seller".
Congratulations John.
Amitiès
Jérôme

Yvo

Post by Yvo » 04 Aug 2004, 21:51

What can I say? All the right things have already been posted on the two magnificent new works by the research battle hardened John P. Moore. If anyone I still hesitant than please be aware of the fact that this is the premier source on Foreign Volunteers, that grants access to this phenomenom for the first time.

Congratulations John!

Regards,

Yvo (Netherlands)

Mark C. Yerger
In memoriam

Post by Mark C. Yerger » 05 Aug 2004, 14:37

A serious, upper level work appreciated by dedicated SS researchers. Our thanks goes out to John. Also, addressing the negative comments of some: I know John and he has been a friend of MANY years. However, I judge a project just by the quality of its contents and nothing more. Who did the work forms no basis for my opinion. I also consider my opinion of some worth as I have actually written and had published more books on SS topics than any of the pseudo-experts ever will who complain about the mutual respect we have for each others various works.

Mark C. Yerger
Last edited by yerger on 06 Aug 2004, 05:53, edited 1 time in total.

HaEn
In memoriam

liste

Post by HaEn » 05 Aug 2004, 16:21

Amen. HN

Erich-SA

CDs

Post by Erich-SA » 14 Aug 2004, 17:11

Will these CDs work with an Apple computer?
Erich

Erich-SA

Post by Erich-SA » 14 Aug 2004, 17:40

Also, are you planning to come out with similar reference material for the SA?
Erich

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 14 Aug 2004, 18:38

I am not certain that the information on these CDs can be viewed on an Apple PC. It may depend on the software that you have installed. Disk 1 has over 1,000 text pages in MS Word for Windows documents, while the other disks contain mostly JPG graphics files prepared in Adobe Photoshop for Windows. You can send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you examples of each file type to try.

I have no plans to publish anything featuring the SA. Quite a few of the "old-timers" in the Waffen-SS were ex-members of the SA and some information about their SA service can be found in the Personalakten on the various disks.

John

Erich-SA

Post by Erich-SA » 14 Aug 2004, 19:01

Thanks John,
PM sent!
Erich

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 30 Oct 2004, 05:55

What’s next? - I have received a number of inquiries recently from people asking what I planned to do next. While I have several projects in the works that will take a few more years to complete I am open to suggestions. One person has suggested that I do a set of CDs with the personnel files of officers who were members of the Totenkopf Division. (There appears to be approximately 1,800 such persons) Another person suggested the personnel files of all Waffen-SS Panzer officers. Are there any other suggestions regarding what people would like to see that could be developed from SS personnel records?

Thanks again to everyone who has purchased Part 5 of “Führerliste...” on the foreign volunteer officers which has proven to be one my most popular publication so far.

John

SS-Researcher

Post by SS-Researcher » 30 Oct 2004, 11:35

A TOTENKOPF collection would be great!!! :) Please publish this list! :)

Best wishes
Florian

Drew Maynard

Post by Drew Maynard » 03 Nov 2004, 17:53

Eric and John:

John, thanks for your detailed and exhaustive work (and your recnet emails). 8)

the files in word should be able to be opened on an 'Apple PC' no problem. As long as you have the Apple version of Microsoft Word (http://www.mactopia.com) you will be able to open it or a freeware app like 'Open Office'.

All the other files jpegs eps etc., most can be opened in OSX in 'preview'. Pre OS9 can be opened in photoshop or picture viewer.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vinland

arlovi

Excellent work !!

Post by arlovi » 02 Feb 2005, 15:00

I just received the CD Part 5a Foreign Volunteers and I must say that it is an outstanding work ! Very interesting, I highly recommend it !!!

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”