"Führerliste der Waffen-SS" by John P. Moore

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Sid Guttridge

Re: "Führerliste der Waffen-SS" by John P. Moore

Post by Sid Guttridge » 18 Jan 2010, 16:24

Hi John P. Moore,

I am glad to see Michael Melnyk's book highlighted.

To Battle is considered military history of a high standard and shows that genuinely good books on Waffen-SS formations are possible.

It is probably helped by the fact that the author approaches his subject primarily from the Ukrainian standpoint rather than from the Waffen-SS standpoint.

Cheers,

Sid.

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 14 Mar 2010, 05:06

Hello,

I just wanted to throw in my two cents regarding John's Fuhrerliste. I received Part 1 of the Fuhrerliste a couple of days ago and it is simply amazing. In two discs I received a list of thousands of W-SS Officers in Alphabetical Order, A list of most W-SS Divisions with Officers and Commands, Personnel Files that are easy to read as well as photos of Graves of former W-SS Officers such as Dietrich, Hausser, Ostendorff ect...
I kicked myself in the butt for having waited so many years to buy this when I could have had this research at my finger tips so long ago. I highly recommend anyone interested in the W-SS to purchased this. Part 1 was $145.00 but that's cheap when you think of the time, money and effort it would take to try and get this information on your own.
Thanks John and I can't wait to buy part 2.

Best Regards,

James

Martinski

Post by Martinski » 16 Jun 2010, 14:43

¨Hi to all and especially to John P Moore!

As i'm researching certain aspects of the Waffen-SS, I came aware through this Forum about the existence of the "Führerliste der Waffen-SS" by John P. Moore. So I decided to take the step, contacted John, had a very smooth communication by mail and bought immediately the full collection. In a very short time I received the box with the cd's and... FANTASTIC!

I am amazed and surprised by the high quality scans and the wonderful chronology. An SUPER job John did! As I'm using state archives myself, I know how hard it is to collect and obtain all this kind of info. Great job John!

I hereby strongly recommend the "Führerliste der Waffen-SS" to all serious researchers!!! It is really worth buying this amazing archive! Better go for it!

Also the way John personalized my cd's with my name is a nice bonus. Thank you VERY much!

Thanks VERY much John! Please keep me informed about eventual updates!

Best Regards

Martin
Vlaanderen - Flandern - Flanders

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 11 Oct 2010, 20:31

Thanks Martin!

A couple of announcements -

1. It has been over 18 months since I announced the last significant upgrade to the A-Z list in my “Führerliste der Waffen-SS” publication when 29 pages of data were added. Now an additional 43 pages have been added to the A – Z list and the new page count is 1,318 pages. Much of the new information comes from recently discovered records from 1944-1945 relating the 3.SS-Panzer Division “Totenkopf” and graduates of the 17, 18 and 19 Kriegsjunker Lehrgangs and 13 Reserve Kriegsjunker Lehrgang. There are also corrections to errors found in previous versions of the A – Z and division lists. 19 additional pages were added to the Addendum section of Part 1 with the inclusion of a 15-page officer list for the 14.Waffen Grenadier Division originally prepared by Michael Melnyk plus a 4-page chronological KIA/MIA list for the same division organized by unit. 12 photos of Waffen-SS officer graves at the Dagneuex military cemetery near Lyon, France have been added courtesy of Jérôme R. Many of those graves belong to officers of the engineer battalion of the “Handschar” division who were killed during the mutiny in September 1943 along with some “Totenkopf” Division officers from 1940.

The price for the “upgraded” Disc 1 of Part 1 of “Führerliste der Waffen-SS” is USD 55 or Euro 45 for people who have earlier purchased the original Part 1 that currently sells for USD 145 or Euro 125.

2. “Führerliste der Waffen-SS” has been further expanded with the addition of a Part 6. This is a single DVD containing the Personalakten of 802 Waffen-SS and Allgemeine-SS officers. There are 9,321 pages of documents and photos. This compilation comes from some of the document scans that I have performed over the years for relatives, collectors and other researchers. The price for Part 6 is USD 75 or Euro 60. A listing of the files to be found on the DVD can be provided upon request

PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]

I am also planning to add a Topic in the Waffen-SS section of Feldgrau where I can post future additions and corrections to Disc 1 content as it comes to my attention.

John

Jérôme

Post by Jérôme » 11 Oct 2010, 20:53

Hi, John
A good news for AHF researchers and others, As usually An essential and so useful Work !
Best
Jérôme :milwink:

freddiefro

Post by freddiefro » 12 Oct 2010, 16:59

Great news, John…I just ordered Part 6 of your “Führerliste.” Keep them coming!

- Fred

Rudolf Souval

Post by Rudolf Souval » 07 Apr 2011, 14:54

Hello Guys,

I wondered if any of you could help me out. I'm trying to get in contact with John P Moore.
I have sent some emails
to what i received as his email address, but i keep getting failure mails back.

I wondered John, if you could contact me at this email address [email protected]

Thank you very much in advance !

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 07 Apr 2011, 16:54

My e-mail address changed to [email protected] about a year ago and I will contact you directly. Thanks.

John

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 20 Feb 2012, 20:07

I often receive questions from people asking what I am going to do next. Last Saturday my youngest son was over and he asked what I planned to do after I retire next December after more than 36 years of combined military and civilian government service. I told him that I might put together some more books on SS Panzer and Artillerie officers like I did on SS signal officers back in 1995. While the Panzer theme would probably have the greatest interest, I have decided yesterday to do one on the Artillery, but also examining the leadership qualities of the more successful officers. Actually, I was considering doing such a book about 15 years ago at the urging of some former Wiking Artillerie officers. I even got Obersturmbannführer Hans Bünning to write a Vorwort as he had been both a signal and artillery officer. Quite a few junior signal offers and NCOs became artillery officers and that is what led me to the contacts with so many artillery officers.I have a good collection of previously unpublished photos, mainly as a result of Günter Bernau allowing me to look through his sacks of captioned photos and borrow whatever I wanted to make direct copies of. I would like to use a publisher who could put this book out in both print and e-book format. I would appreciate receiving any comments on this idea.

John

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 21 Feb 2012, 04:35

John,

Good luck on that I think it would be a great book.

Best,

James

William Kramer
Host - Militaria sections

Post by William Kramer » 28 Nov 2012, 18:41

John,

I am looking for information on SS member no. 148,925

Can you tell me if he is in your lists or do you release individual information for a fee?

Is [email protected] still the correct e-mail address to use?

Please let me know either way, thank you.

William Kramer
Attachments
IMG_2123.JPG

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 28 Nov 2012, 19:47

Unfortunately, I can't identify who 148 925 belonged to. A good source for matching SS numbers to owners is this data base that a friend of mine in Poland maintains.

http://www.dws-xip.pl/reich/biografie/n ... umerA.html

If this number belonged to a known SS officer I can provide a digitized version of his personel file and other documents from multiple sources. I can send the documents electronically or place them in a customized DVD that makes a good collectible in itself. Sometimes several hundred pages of documents turn up in these searches.

John

blume

Post by blume » 03 Dec 2012, 12:33

William Kramer wrote:John,

I am looking for information on SS member no. 148,925

Can you tell me if he is in your lists or do you release individual information for a fee?

Is [email protected] still the correct e-mail address to use?

Please let me know either way, thank you.

William Kramer
Dear Sir William Kramer,

I'm writing from Italy this short anwers to you and for all the people who need information relating the Waffen SS Officers.
The best thing is to contact J.P. Moore, this person really can help many people.
Recently, J.P. Moore helped me solve a mystery concerning a young Waffen SS Officer captured in Normandy in July 1944. This young officer was missing (MIA) in Normandy, but thanks to J.Moore, we were able to find his real name and surname and know his military career, and he helping me yet.
J.P. Moore is a very accurate in his work. I'm very, very happy because I know who to contact when I have to carry out research. I' am very glad to have met him and I'm very satisfied with his work.
Thanks again John.

Blume

rskrltz

Post by rskrltz » 15 Dec 2016, 10:19

I am trying to locate and gather any and all information on SS Haupsturmfuhrer Herbert Dost. Military Photos from each progressive Rank. Military awards, full dress uniform photo. This is personal, family related.
Thank you
Raymond Siegfried Kriltz
[email protected]

John P. Moore

Post by John P. Moore » 15 Dec 2016, 21:58

Mr Kriltz - There is only a 2-page Führerkarte in Dost's Personalakte. I know that a RuSHA file with at least 3 photos in uniform exits in the SS ancestry records of the US National Archives. I recommend that you contact Mike Constandy at Westmoreland Research for further assistance.

[email protected]

John Moore

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”