new books

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
phillip burke

new books

Post by phillip burke » 01 Sep 2019, 23:23

Hello all, just my quick thoughts about few books ive brought recently, the first 'Operation Torch ,The Invasion of North Africa by After the Battle. As is the usual case with After the Battle nice looking book with dust cover and well bound and printed. The content is first class, i really like After the Battle publications , one of the first proper books on military history i brought was published by them, the captions match the pictures which links into the text in the usual excellent way they are known for.The content of coverage of Axis and Allies is well done as well as the balance between the politics of the invasion,the build up,embarkation, landing and end of the battle and aftermath is delivered well and thoughtfully.Next book delivered by my excellent postman was Panzers in Berlin 1945, wow what a book and well worth the wait. Excellently bound and printed,photos nicely done. Coverage of the battle and breakouts as well as units involved is again well linked in the captions and text. Like the previous book i cant recommend these enough. Next up Normandie 1944 2nd Panzer Division Tome 1 . Again another great book from Heimdal, printed and layout in the usual way. This volume only covers Jan 44 to June 44 and i cant wait for the next vol,at least my french is getting better. One thing i really liked was the drone pictures from high alltitude of the landscape, graphics of armour ,weapons and trenches are imposed on this and gives a really good overview of the battle,nicely done. Well i hope this helps in the mission of finding those excellent books,which is an never ending task.But enjoyable.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”