Black Cross Red Star – Air War Over the Eastern Front has been published!

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Christer Bergström

Black Cross Red Star – Air War Over the Eastern Front has been published!

Post by Christer Bergström » 08 Oct 2019, 19:35

Volume 4 of Black Cross Red Star – Air War Over the Eastern Front - Stalingrad to Kuban 1942-1943 - by Christer Bergström (me) has been published now!

Regarded as the standard work on the air war over the Eastern Front during World War II, Christer Bergström’s unique Black Cross/Red Star series covers the history of the air war on the Eastern Front in close detail, with the perspectives of both sides. Based on a close study of German and Russian archive material, as well as interviews with a large number of the airmen who participated in this aerial conflict, it has established itself as the main source on the air war on the Eastern Front.

Black Cross/Red Star, Volume 4 covers the air war along the entire Eastern Front during the period winter 1942/1943 through the spring of 1943, in great detail, with a balance between German and Soviet archive sources etc, and with many first-hand accounts. It is of the same size as the other volumes, but with a word count twice as large, and it also contains aircraft color profiles.

Following the publication of Volume 4, new and heavily updated editions of volumes 1, 2 and 3 will follow, and next the subsequent volumes (vols. 5 etc.) will follow.

Large format.

There are 380 photos in the book. Very many of those photos have never been published before because they are from pilot veterans’ private photo albums.
There are also many very clear maps: Probably every single place mentioned in the book is on the maps.

And aircraft color profiles by Jim Laurier.

You can order a personally signed hardcover copy with color profiles etc from me at [email protected]

Price: USD$ 60 plus USD$ 25 in postage.

Please transfer the payment to my Paypoal account:
[email protected]

Please spread the word about this book. I am publishing it on my own, so I dpnät have any marketing budget.

All the best,

Christer Bergström
www.bergstrombooks.se

matt78

Re: Black Cross Red Star – Air War Over the Eastern Front has been published!

Post by matt78 » 16 Nov 2019, 11:35

Ordered my copy thru booktopia in oz so looking forward to receiving

chinesefox

Re: Black Cross Red Star – Air War Over the Eastern Front has been published!

Post by chinesefox » 20 Nov 2019, 12:02

Browsing through vol 4, looks like a piece of good work

let's hope vol 5 will be available in 2020.

It's about bloody time to have something published in English to give some readers a chance, a chance to finally take an in depth look(sort of) at air combat over "Kuban".

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”