Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Super Battleship vs (same title save for the last words) Great Battleship

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Christian W.

Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Super Battleship vs (same title save for the last words) Great Battleship

Post by Christian W. » 04 Sep 2020, 02:15

Hello,

I'm very interested in history of the German battleship Tirpitz, and was thinking about getting a book on the subject. I came across two books - one of them is the 2009 Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Super Battleship - the other is the 2018 Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Great Battleship.

It is my understanding that Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Great Battleship is a revised edition of Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Super Battleship (at least the certain passages in a limited preview that I saw of both books had parts that were identical to each other), but what exactly is different about them? Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Super Battleship is 360 pages while
Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Great Battleship is 336, so there clearly are some differences.

Could someone who owns copies of both books help me out. :milsmile:
Last edited by Christian W. on 04 Sep 2020, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

hucks216

Re: Tirpitz: The Life and Death of Germany's Last Super Battleship vs (same title save for the last words) Great Battles

Post by hucks216 » 04 Sep 2020, 10:30

I can't help with those books I'm afraid but if you don't have this series of books then they are worth getting:

http://bismarck-tirpitz.com/tirpitz/?lang=en

And Target Tirpitz by Patrick Bishop covers all the British attacks against the battleship.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”