Dritte Nordland

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
MICHAELM82

Dritte Nordland

Post by MICHAELM82 » 12 May 2002, 05:18

Hi
Just recieved the book mentioned by Olli Wikberg.It is a good solid photo history of the battalion with a history of it in the beginning.
I just browsed through it this morning and thought I should share.
Anyone else have it?
Mike

Ville Kosonen

Post by Ville Kosonen » 12 May 2002, 06:50

I have it too. He (Olli) has done outstanding job collecting information from the Finnish veterans. I also recommend his other books.

I have also known him for many years, in fact it is him to blame for my everlasting lack of money, as he introduced me to wonderful world of collecting German militaria!

MICHAELM82

Post by MICHAELM82 » 12 May 2002, 07:04

Hi
Would you mind listing his other works for me and the forum?What do you collect of the third reich (i.e. medals, cloth, weapons, etc..)?I collect medals, cuff titles and photos.
Cheers
Michael
BTW:Have you ever talked with any Finnish veterans from WW2?If so I would be interested in what they had to say.

Ville Kosonen

Post by Ville Kosonen » 12 May 2002, 10:29

First one he made with Kari Kuusela was Wikingin suomalaiset, or The Finns of the Wiking. Also a photographical study of Finnish volunteers.
The second one is Meine ehre heisst Treue, about uniforms of the volunteers.
Kari Kuusela has made a book about German panzers here in Finland during the WW2, called Wehrmachtin panssarit Suomessa.
All these have at least photo captions also in English, or an English translation as well.

I collect German stuff in wide scale, beginning from ammunition, ammoboxes to uniforms and medals. I simply can´t specialize in anything as everything is so interesting...

MICHAELM82

Post by MICHAELM82 » 13 May 2002, 05:23

I know what you mean on trying to concentrate on one particular genre, I have to do that since I get overwhelmed with all the great stuff out there!If I see something that strikes me as wanting I will probably get it but it must be good.
Thanks for listing the other titles.
Michael......

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”