Where do you find footage of speeches and everyday life?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
George L Gregory

Where do you find footage of speeches and everyday life?

Post by George L Gregory » 03 Jun 2021 23:03

I don't want to watch videos edited by neo-Nazis which are uploaded every now and then on YouTube.

Where can I view Adolf Hitler speeches, Joseph Goebbels speeches, footage of everyday life in the Third Reich, etc?

Hans1906

Re: Where do you find footage of speeches and everyday life?

Post by Hans1906 » 05 Jun 2021 10:46

Adolf Hitler addresses many thousands of Hitler Youth in Nuremberg during the Nazi 6th Party Congress
Date: 1934, September 8
Duration: 10 min 14 sec

Link: https://www.criticalpast.com/video/6567 ... e-cheering

Probably his most infamous adress to the "Hitlerjugend":
"In unseren Augen, da muss der deutsche Junge der Zukunft schlank und rank sein, flink wie Windhunde, zäh wie Leder, und hart wie Kruppstahl."
Translation:
"In our eyes, the German boy of the future must be slim and slender, as nimble as a greyhound, as tough as leather, and as hard as Krupp steel!"
Video: https://paedagogikundns.wordpress.com/h ... ele-nsdap/

Hans
„Im Leben gibt’s die Bösen und die Guten. Und die dazwischen, das sind die Bagaluten.“

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 05 Jun 2021 12:00

I don't want to watch videos edited by neo-Nazis which are uploaded every now and then on YouTube.
George, with all respect, your wanted "Videos" are not on YouTube, these speeches and films can be found on foreign websites you will not find here in the AHF, for several reasons.
All the "crude" material is 99.9% available online, in full length. I know that, you know that, most of us know that as well.

Good luck for your research! :milwink:

Hans
„Im Leben gibt’s die Bösen und die Guten. Und die dazwischen, das sind die Bagaluten.“

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 05 Jun 2021 13:52

The 1934 video again, in larger resolution:

Link: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlxan6

My mother Ingrid, and her elder brother Helmut, both of them would go grazy, watching all this just a single time once again.
They are dead and gone, they are history.
My mother was sick about this Propaganda stuff all her life long, after 1945 she probably never saw all this...

Hans

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”