Forthcoming titles, 2022?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
LeonardRoark

Re: Forthcoming titles, 2022?

Post by LeonardRoark » 23 Jul 2022 09:53

Thanks for the books :)

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 05 Aug 2022 10:22

Here’s one I discovered recently (forthcoming , Oct 18 release) Caroline Moorehead about Edda Ciano, “Mussolini’s Daughter: The Most Dangerous Woman in Europe”

https://www.amazon.com/Mussolinis-Daugh ... 157&sr=8-5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trespasser07

Post by trespasser07 » 09 Aug 2022 21:47

Biography of Schirach coming out later in the year;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baldur-von-Sch ... 0951&psc=1

This was previously released in German
"We believe in what we do!" - written in Friedrich Rainer's Guestbook by Odilo Globocnik in April 1943.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 10 Aug 2022 08:31

Schirach needs an English biography however I think Frontline has trimmed the original book in German by 100 pages. The book by Helmut Ortner on Roland Freisler was done the same way - I felt the trimming left the book lacking personal substance. You could detect there was something missing in it. The Schirach book in German has a subtitle “Between Goethe and Hitler” which references his cultural journey which this translation may excise in favor of simply presenting his political career. Good news but I hope this one retains some of that cultural element which is key to his biography. Like Uk, this will be released in USA with Dec. 2022 date. Thanks for the post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 14 Aug 2022 13:46

Coming 2/23 : Nathan Morley “Holidays with Hitler: State Sponsored Fun in Nazi Germany”. This is about Ley and Strength Through Joy programs of travel and leisure.

Hans1906

Post by Hans1906 » 15 Aug 2022 14:03

Hi J. Duncan,

that's interesting, an old propaganda poster by Ludwig Hohlwein is brought out as the title of the book.

Something like that speaks volumes, you won't find anything better, Hohlwein's works are legendary.

It's pretty disturbing that you can't find anything better, but Nazi art sells well.
I am a collector of such posters, by the way.

Hans
„Im Leben gibt’s die Bösen und die Guten. Und die dazwischen, das sind die Bagaluten.“

Cantankerous

Post by Cantankerous » 08 Sep 2022 21:35

From the Secret Projects Forum:
Messerschmitt Me 262 Development & Politics by Dan Sharp

There are many myths surrounding the development of the Messerschmitt Me 262 jet fighter. Its unparalleled performance is beyond doubt; easily able to outpace its opponents and possessing the firepower to shred them in seconds. Yet immediately after the Second World War, rumours abounded that official indifference, technical shortcomings and interference from the Führer himself had crippled the Me 262’s progress and delayed its appearance on the front line until it was far too late.

Begun as a series of design concepts during 1938, the fighter would not enter mass production until the spring of 1944. Even then it failed to make any notable impact until the closing weeks of the war, when Me 262s began destroying USAAF bombers at an alarming rate. Exactly what happened to cause this apparently late start and who was responsible has until now been largely a matter of conjecture.

Grounded in research involving thousands of wartime documents spread across archival collections in three countries, Messerschmitt Me 262 Development & Politics finally sweeps aside the myths and provides a clear understanding of the real history. Sharp examines the aircraft’s technical development in unparalleled detail as well as analysing the ongoing discussions surrounding the Me 262 at the highest levels within the Messerschmitt company, the German Air Ministry and Adolf Hitler’s inner circle.

328 pages
160,000w of text
300 images
A4 hardback
£30 / $45

Due to go to press next week with a 2-3 week turnaround time until copies are available.
The book Messerschmitt Me 262 Development & Politics was originally to be titled Secret Projects of the Luftwaffe, Volume 3: Messerschmitt Me 262, but Dan Sharp found so many mind-blowing details about the development of the Me 262 that he decided to make this volume a book about the development and evolution of the Me 262, discussing not just the prototypes and production version of the Me 262 but also proposed but unbuilt designs like the P.1099, P.1100, Me 262 HG I, Me 262 HG II, and Me 262 HG III. The cover for this book has been updated and can be found at this link:
https://www.luftwaffe-research-group.co ... ost-113010

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 16 Sep 2022 07:56

October will mark 100 years since the Fascist “March on Rome” bringing Mussolini to power in Italy. John Foot’s new book “Blood and Power: The Rise and Fall of Fascist Italy” promises to be a comprehensive history of the men and women on the ground while these forces (Fascist / Anti-Fascist) played out through the years 1919-1945.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”