"Leaders of the SS and German Police": Volume 3?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Gulabin

"Leaders of the SS and German Police": Volume 3?

Post by Gulabin » 06 Mar 2022 21:41

I am a huge admirer of Michael Miller's work. The first two volumes of his biographical studies of the senior leaders of the SS and German Police have been essential reference tools for many years. I have also just ordered Volume 3 of "The Gauleiter" (sadly Volumes 1 and 2 seem to be unavailable).
Ever since Volume 2 of "Leaders of the SS and German Police" was published in 2015 I have looked wistfully at a list I compiled of those who I reckoned would feature in Volume 3 (Lammers-Ruszkay?).
At very considerable expense I purchased the six volumes of "Die Generale der Waffen-SS und der Polizei" by Andreas Schulz and Dieter Zinke but my German is not really good enough to make the most of these marvellous books. And of course although these books do include Brigadefuhrers they do not cover the Ehrenfuhrers given senior SS ranks by Himmler.
I do appreciate the difficulties imposed by the last two years and the necessity of the change of publishers. However as the years pass I am increasingly desperate to know Michael's plans to complete his study of the SS and Police.
I would be extremely grateful for any information whilst repeating my admiration and respect for his wonderful work.
Thanks.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Re: "Leaders of the SS and German Police": Volume 3?

Post by Michael Miller » 07 Mar 2022 20:27

Gulabin wrote:
06 Mar 2022 21:41
I am a huge admirer of Michael Miller's work. The first two volumes of his biographical studies of the senior leaders of the SS and German Police have been essential reference tools for many years. I have also just ordered Volume 3 of "The Gauleiter" (sadly Volumes 1 and 2 seem to be unavailable).
Ever since Volume 2 of "Leaders of the SS and German Police" was published in 2015 I have looked wistfully at a list I compiled of those who I reckoned would feature in Volume 3 (Lammers-Ruszkay?).
At very considerable expense I purchased the six volumes of "Die Generale der Waffen-SS und der Polizei" by Andreas Schulz and Dieter Zinke but my German is not really good enough to make the most of these marvellous books. And of course although these books do include Brigadefuhrers they do not cover the Ehrenfuhrers given senior SS ranks by Himmler.
I do appreciate the difficulties imposed by the last two years and the necessity of the change of publishers. However as the years pass I am increasingly desperate to know Michael's plans to complete his study of the SS and Police.
I would be extremely grateful for any information whilst repeating my admiration and respect for his wonderful work.
Thanks.
Thanks very much for those incredibly kind words.

I'll post some detailed thoughts on my "best-laid plans" shortly. But to address your main point, while the SS and Police series is not dead, it's on the far back burner as I work on "Leaders of the Storm Troops" (beginning with a vastly expanded and improved second edition of Volume 1 and greatly enlarged reissues of "Gauleiter" 1 and 2).

With best wishes and thanks again ,
~ Mike

Gulabin

Re: "Leaders of the SS and German Police": Volume 3?

Post by Gulabin » 07 Mar 2022 23:48

Dear Gulabin~

I've sent you a private message.

Best wishes and thanks again,
~ Mike

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”