Entire "Verbande und Truppen der Deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg" by Tessin on line!

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Sid Guttridge

Entire "Verbande und Truppen der Deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg" by Tessin on line!

Post by Sid Guttridge » 12 Apr 2022, 12:52

The whole of Tessin's Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945. Bd. 1-16 appears to be on line at:

http://prussia.online/books/verbande-un ... -weltkrieg

Here is a random look at Volume IV (it takes about a minute load on my desktop, so be patient):

http://prussia.online/Data/Book/ve/verb ... 015-30.pdf

Happy hunting!

Sid

JKernwerk

Re: Entire "Verbande und Truppen der Deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg" by Tessin on line!

Post by JKernwerk » 12 Apr 2022, 22:18

As we say in the Netherlands, Lekkerrr!
JK

jbroshot

Re: Entire "Verbande und Truppen der Deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg" by Tessin on line!

Post by jbroshot » 13 Apr 2022, 05:41

Many thanks for the link!

I'd be really happy to see it, except that I own a hard copy complete set of Tessin.

If you investigate the rest of library there are several other interesting books in German and in English. Besides all the others that are in Russian.

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 13 Apr 2022, 20:31

Sid,

these are typical digitized pirated copies, something like this may be possible in Russia, but not here in Germany.
I'm surprised, that this link was accepted here in the forum, I don't understand it at all.

Georg Tessin https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Tessin

Are his works now in the "public domain", I don't think so. :roll:

70 years after the author's death is the minimum limit here in Germany.
Am I wrong, probably not.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 13 Apr 2022, 20:45

Your hint could cause massive legal problems here, that's where the fun of the information ends.

Hans
The paradise of the successful lends itself perfectly to a hell for the unsuccessful. (Bertold Brecht on Hollywood)

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 14 Apr 2022, 08:29

Hi Hans 1906,

No post is "accepted" here, as this is an open site and doesn't go before prior censorship.

70 years may, indeed, apply here, as the first volume came out in 1965.

If you have an issue with this link, raise it formally with AHF staff and they can make their own decision. (Use the exclamation mark "!" above right.)

I am just happy to have come across it, because this key source doesn't turn up much (or ever?) in British bookshops and it is a real embuggerance to keep going 200 miles to the British Library to consult it!

Cheers,

Sid.

Mori

Post by Mori » 25 Apr 2022, 23:52

Just to add my 2cts : these copies have been circulating for at least a decade. *Many* people have got them.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 26 Apr 2022, 08:19

Hi mori,

It would have been nice if just one of these "many" people had shared this information with posters on AHF during the last decade!

Cheers,

Sid.

VanillaNuns

Post by VanillaNuns » 27 Apr 2022, 01:00

Hans1906 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 20:45
Your hint could cause massive legal problems here, that's where the fun of the information ends.

Hans
Hans,

Many authors are happy to release their work into the public domain for whatever reason. It doesn't always mean it's copyright infringement.

Especially if books are old and no longer in print...

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 27 Apr 2022, 07:22

Tessin is dead....Biblio, too...

So what??

Jan-Hendrik

Hans1906
Banned

Post by Hans1906 » 27 Apr 2022, 16:59

This is not the topic at all.

It is about the work of Georg Tessin at all, not more, not less.

Georg Tessin https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_Tessin

Fleeing the corpse is easy, to easy..?

Hans

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 28 Apr 2022, 12:16

Hi Hans,

I asked of you earlier, "If you have an issue with this link, raise it formally with AHF staff and they can make their own decision. (Use the exclamation mark "!" above right.)"

Have you done so?

If not, why not?

Sid.

jbroshot

Post by jbroshot » 02 Dec 2022, 18:43

Another complete set of Tessin is now available online at Internet Archive

Tessin, Georg Verbände Und Truppen Der Deutschen Wehrmacht Und Waffen SS

https://archive.org/details/tessin-geor ... Band%2001/

These are better scans and are scans of each page, rather than two pages per scan

The books that were scanned were from

Bundesarchiv
-Militärachiv-
Bibliothek

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”