Hitler's Book

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Tolga Alkan
Financial supporter

Hitler's Book

Post by Tolga Alkan » 01 Jul 2002 14:52

When i travelling on the online book seller's web site(Turkish),i came across Hitler's one of book(But not English,translated to Turkish):

"My Political Testament"

What do you think?I didn't hear it before.

Passage from back cover:
"We need to peace for building our art.I wanted peace always.But our enemies pust us to war..."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HaEn
In memoriam

book

Post by HaEn » 01 Jul 2002 22:56

Funny that they used a reversed picture of him; he is supposed to look the other way, as seen from the left. :D HN

Tolga Alkan
Financial supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan » 02 Jul 2002 08:31

Armband looking weird as they fasten it.I suppose not in original photo.

Phaethon

Re: book

Post by Phaethon » 02 Jul 2002 11:16

HaEn wrote:Funny that they used a reversed picture of him; he is supposed to look the other way, as seen from the left. :D HN

It looks like the image was reversed for compositional reasons - so the text fits around him and he's facing the title and name and not looking off the edge of the book. A decent designer would have found a more suitable picture rather than reverse one so obviously 'handed'. The image is clearly monochrome but the iron cross and armband have been colourized/enhanced.

The iron cross could have been pasted in, but the jacket buttons, party badge and Sam Browne belt show the main image is reversed - it was probaly colourized in situ.

Hitler's political testament, written on April 29, 1945 runs to only a couple of pages:

http://www.hitler.org/writings/last_testament/

The book you found is 104 pages long and the description includes the date 1933:

http://www.kitap-net.com/ayrinti2.asp?id=31357

I can't see this being the same thing. Beyond that we need the services of a Turkish-speaker to translate - I can't find anything about this book other than in Turkish :(

K.
--
Ken Cocker
London
Last edited by Phaethon on 08 Jul 2002 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

Tolga Alkan
Financial supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan » 02 Jul 2002 14:37

Phaethon,
i saw his last testament but book titled with "My Political Testamnet",if you meant this book dated 1933,i don't belive your idea.Passage from book,he wrote his opinions on war year's Third Reich.

How did you find it on turkish bookseller?Do you speak Turkish?

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 02 Jul 2002 16:57

Tolga Alkan wrote:i saw his last testament but book titled with "My Political Testamnet",if you meant this book dated 1933,i don't belive your idea.Passage from book,he wrote his opinions on war year's Third Reich.

Good old GOOGLE: just searched for "siyasi vasiyetim" and up came that book vendor. The "1933" bit was the only thing I understood in the description, but without context: It could simply be a reference to his coming to power in that year.

Tolga Alkan wrote:How did you find it on turkish bookseller?Do you speak Turkish?

No, but an online turkish-english dictionary translated "siyasi" as "political" and the word "sayfa" as "page(s)" - hence I knew it was a 104 page book - so it's not his two page "Political Testament" written in the bunker before he died of lead poisoning - unless there's a HUGE amount of commentry :D

According to one site Hitler had prepared in the 1920's, notes for a book on the history of mankind:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/HitlerBible.htm

It seems it was to be his answer to the christian bible 8O

K.
--
Ken Cocker
London

Tolga Alkan
Financial supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan » 02 Jul 2002 17:02

Well,
so this "1933" from his words on back cover of book.He says"...since 1933...",informations of you found from back cover,passages from Hitler.

Can you give me this online translator's url?I didn't know any of it. :wink:

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 03 Jul 2002 23:22

Tolga Alkan wrote:Can you give me this online translator's url?I didn't know any of it. :wink:

I don't recall offhand, I found several using Google (http://www.google.com/) and some search string like " turkish english dictionaries".

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any sentence/text translators like you can find for French. Spanish. Italian etc. or on Google itself which offers translation of entire pages for the more 'international' languages.

K.

Ovidius

Post by Ovidius » 04 Jul 2002 00:17

The book has been published in many countries, including Romania.

If it's the same book, it includes the two-page Political Testament from which our friend Roberto likes to quote :mrgreen: plus some of the so-called Bormann Notes - supposedly records made by Bormann of comments stated by Hitler from February to April 1945. Hitler has re-issued in these comments his basic ideas, explained some of the things that seemed unclear and made some predictions - among them the fact that the world was going to be split between USA and USSR, that the German people will rebuild the country, and that Germany is going to take the leadership of the European Union to be formed from the ruins of the Reich. 8)

~Regards,

Ovidius

Tolga Alkan
Financial supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan » 04 Jul 2002 09:51

Thanks Phaethon and Ovidius,
i will get a copy soon.

Best Regards

ozs86

Post by ozs86 » 06 Jul 2002 15:29

omg! lookat hitlers speech from 4 may 1941... 8O

"The Duce did not even request me to place one single German division at his disposal for this purpose. He was convinced that with the advent of good weather his stand against Greece would have been brought to a successful conclusion. I was of the same opinion.

The concentration of German forces was therefore not made for the purpose of assisting the Italians against Greece. It was a precautionary measure against the British attempt under cover of the clamor caused by the Italo-Greek war to intrench themselves secretly in the Balkans in order to force the issue from that quarter on the model of the Salonika army during the World War, and, above all, to draw other elements into the whirlpool.

This hope was founded principally on two States, namely, Turkey and Yugoslavia. But with these very States I have striven during the years since I came into power to establish close co-operation.

The World War actually started from Belgrade. Nevertheless, the German people, who are by nature so ready to forgive and forget, felt no animosity toward that country. Turkey was our ally in the World War. The unfortunate outcome of that struggle weighed upon that country just as heavily as it did upon us.

The great genius who created the new Turkey was the first to set a wonderful example of recovery to our allies whom fortune had at that time deserted and whom fate had dealt so terrible a blow. Whereas Turkey, thanks to the practical attitude of her leaders, preserved her independence in carrying out her own resolutions, Yugolsavia fell a victim to British intrigue. "

http://www.hitler.org/speeches/05-04-41.html
Last edited by ozs86 on 06 Jul 2002 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

ozs86

Post by ozs86 » 06 Jul 2002 15:33

look at the shoulder badge it is the opposite wat around because they posted a mirror image...
something not known ah's signature

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”