Germany's Panzers in World War II by Jentz & Doyle

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Marcus

Germany's Panzers in World War II by Jentz & Doyle

Post by Marcus » 06 Jul 2002 13:30

I looking to buy a good basic reference to the German tanks (as a complement to "Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two" by Peter Chamberlain & Hilary Doyle which own) and I considering "Germany's Panzers in World War II: From Pz.Kpfw. I to Tiger II" by Thomas L. Jentz & Hilary L. Doyle. Any thoughts about that book?

/Marcus

Christian Ankerstjerne
Forum Staff

Post by Christian Ankerstjerne » 06 Jul 2002 13:52

I would say go for it. It's published in July 2001, and therefore, all information in it is correct. It woul be far better than the Encyclopedia, or for that matter, almost any other book about Panzers.

Farily cheap too, IMO.

Christian

admfisher

Jentz

Post by admfisher » 06 Jul 2002 19:41

I have the Panzertruppen I and II, along with his Tiger books.
Between Spielberger and Jentz I like Jentz the most.
He is easier to read but when you want fine technical details, Spielberger has some excellant work. I have the Panther and PzIV books of his as well.

The Encyclopedia of German Tanks of
World War Two is fine but it is more of general book. But it still has some fine details.

Has anyone else noticed the how much better the books are getting?
':mrgreen:'

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 06 Jul 2002 20:49

Marcus

I can only comment on Jentz seeing that I have both Vols, and for TOE's OOB's and KSTN's etc they are great with a strong narrative holding it together. The technical side is weak but that falls generally outside the books remit.

:D Andy from the Shire

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”