Who has read "Berlin Dance of Death" ?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Dan W.
Financial supporter

Who has read "Berlin Dance of Death" ?

Post by Dan W. » 27 Jul 2002 05:56

Just received this book in the mail today. The eBay seller shipped it "media" rate shipping. If you buy a book on eBay insist that they do not ship using this! It took exactly 6 weeks to get here from the East Coast!

Oh yea, is it any good?

David C. Clarke

Dance of Death

Post by David C. Clarke » 27 Jul 2002 06:14

Hey D.W., the book is decent, IMHO, but not excellent. The writer obviously tailored it so it wouldn't be politically objectionable. Well, heck, he may have written an honest account of his own feelings, but it seems like there was a lot of hindsight involved to me. Best part, and what makes the book worth it is the breakout from Berlin. Best Regards, David :D

Dan W.
Financial supporter

Post by Dan W. » 27 Jul 2002 12:48

Hi Dave, thanks for the review. I have a real backlog of reading and did not know where to fit in "Berlin Dance of Death". It will now fall behind "The Brigade" by Howard Blum.

Another chap from another forum has self-published two books and sent me two of these, free of charge, wanting reviews, and they are actually quite large books (Concerning U.S. tankers in WWII) so I am trying hard to squeeze his books in as well.

Take care,
--Dan

David C. Clarke

Hey D.W.

Post by David C. Clarke » 27 Jul 2002 14:46

Well D.W., don't hold out on me, what are the titles of the two books and
exactly what are there subjects? Which war do they cover? Best Regards, David

Dan W.
Financial supporter

Post by Dan W. » 27 Jul 2002 18:14

Hi Dave, the books are:

"A mile in their shoes" and "Tanks for the memories" by Aaron Elson.

You can find more out about these books at http://www.tankbooks.com and knowing your knowledge of Armor you would be a great candidate for a "reviewer" of the aforementioned titles.

I'll leave you the authors e-mail on a private message (if I can figure out how to use it) and I'm sure he would be delighted to hear from you. He is trying to increase his exposure of these books.

Regards,
--D.W.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”