Update on my next SS book, early 2003

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Mark C. Yerger
In memoriam

Update on my next SS book, early 2003

Post by Mark C. Yerger » 27 Jul 2002 13:27

Bender Publishing will do my volumes on the German Cross in Gold holders of the SS/Police. The next volume will be out sometime early 2003 and cover letters A-L for "Das Reich" and will be some 400+ pages in their format with a large number of photos and documents, most of which are previously unpublished. Volume 2 will be of similar size and cover M-Z for that division. After that will be a single volume on all SS cavalry unit German Cross holders. The volumes will have, aside from detailed data on the individuals, a LARGE amount of data of the individual units including their sub-unit development, structure/title changes, battlegroups, commanders/Ia, expansions/reforming, etc and most of this will also be new data at a level of detail not available previously. An addendum includes Close Combat Clasp in Gold and Honor Clasp holder info/photos as well as other divisional data. The information vastly expands and corrects material included in previous works (including my own) and for "Das Reich" includes the SS/VT. A German Cross and Knight's Cross holder has done a foreword for his division in the case of several volumes, Siegfried Brosow in the case of "Das Reich." After SS cavalry units will probably be the Police divisions and relative formations. I'm maintaining my normal writing pace so volumes will appear on a regular basis. Other books will cover II.SS-Korps (9th and 10th Divisions), misc holders (corps units, KG units, formations with a small number of GC, HSSPF, etc), "Wiking" (2 vols) and "Totenkopf" to name a few. An addendum in each book will add and newly found data for previous volumes. Material is needed for a number of individuals despite heavy veteran support and anyone with data, photos or documents please contact me. I consider the two "Das Reich" volumes to be the best books I've written thus far. Thanks for your support and also the nice comments I've received regarding the initial Silver holders volume.

Best
Mark C. Yerger

Tolga Alkan
Financial supporter

Post by Tolga Alkan » 27 Jul 2002 14:43

I'm waiting Das Reich title,sounds very nice.
Best Regards,

Tolga

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 27 Jul 2002 15:14

Mark,

I look forward to those books.

/Marcus

Erich

books.....

Post by Erich » 03 Aug 2002 22:44

Just saw your post Mark.

Excellent ! and I think I can say for all of us, we will be looking forward to these future volumes.

Much success !! :)

E

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”