What 3rd Reich biography would you wish to see published ?

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Forum rules
You can support AHF when buying books etc from Amazon, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de by using these links.
It costs you nothing extra but it helps keep the forum up and running.
Germania

Post by Germania » 12 Oct 2003 14:12

Theodor Eicke will be an interessting canditate for this!

stevezz1

Re: What 3rd Reich biography would you wish to see published

Post by stevezz1 » 13 Oct 2003 22:20

Mark Yerger wrote:For me would be Ernst Röhm

Mark
Has nobody done Rohm?

Sounds like a job for you Mark........ :D

Many thanks for the Wittmann/Agte book.....impressive.. :D

regards,

steve.

R-Bob The Great!

Post by R-Bob The Great! » 16 Oct 2003 22:59

I would be interested in reading about Kammenhuber (spelling) who organized the reich's airdefences for a while and threatened the bombing campaign with its effectiveness before it broke down or was removed, im not sure.

The Raven

Post by The Raven » 18 Oct 2003 20:20

Kaltenbrunner.

R.M. Schultz

Post by R.M. Schultz » 30 Dec 2003 02:25

Debbie wrote:For me, Alfred Rosenberg, preferably something in English.
Rosenbergs memoirs are availible in English:

The Memoirs of Alfred Rosenberg, by Alfred Rosenberg, with commentaries by Serge Lang and Ernest von Schenck, translated from the German by Eric Posselt, Ziff-Davis Publishing Company, Chicago & New York City, 1949.

Richard Hargreaves

Post by Richard Hargreaves » 30 Dec 2003 18:55

Brauchitsch. I'm amazed for such a senior figure there's not a biog in English or German

Jeremy Dixon
Financial supporter

Post by Jeremy Dixon » 03 Apr 2010 22:47

Otto Ohlendorf. Theres nothing in English

Sneachta

Post by Sneachta » 27 Apr 2010 22:45

I don't really remember the author, but I've seen something on Ohlendorf in Russian (and the book was thanslated from English). But it was too long ago, three or maybe four years before I've joined the forum...
And I'm doing my own researches on "kleine Rudi" Brandt.))) Perhaps, there are noone else to be interested in this man.

coburg22

Post by coburg22 » 27 Apr 2010 23:34

Hello,

For me a book on SS-Gruppenfuhrer Hans Rattenhuber would be excellent. So little has been written on members of the RSD and what better place to start than their commander. It's always about Gunsche, Kempka or Linge which is just fine but I feel that the RSD is overlooked as being the real bodyguards of Hitler.

Best,

James

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 28 Apr 2010 22:46

Paul Blobel (covering his failed architectural career and his alcoholism).
Albert Foerster (a book in English, there's already one in German)
Wolfram Sievers
Horia Sima (only mentioned in passing within works on the Iron Guard)
Josef Kramer
Theodor Eicke (covering his exile in Italy, his disputes with Buerckel, and his terrorist activity)
Otto Ohlendorff (covering his time in Italy, studying the corporate economy of Fascism)
** Early Nazis such as Anton Drexler, Karl Harrer, Gottfried Feder, Christian Weber, and the marginal Arthur Dinter (covering his Christianity and his novels about "blut und rasse".)

trespasser07

Re:

Post by trespasser07 » 06 Mar 2021 14:18

Mark C. Yerger wrote:
07 Aug 2002 17:24
Martin

Black did detailed bios of Kaltenbrunner and Ribbentrop, the latter also covered by Bloch. Martin Bormann , "The Secretary" by Jachen von Lang. Have to search for the rest when unpacked, there are several on Inquart also.

Best
Mark
Hi old post I know but can I confirm if Peter Black did complete a biography of Ribbentrop, or was this the Bloch book and Black just had his Kaltenbrunner book published?

Thanks in advance.
"We believe in what we do!" - written in Friedrich Rainer's Guestbook by Odilo Globocnik in April 1943.

DebK

Re: What 3rd Reich biography would you wish to see published ?

Post by DebK » 15 Mar 2021 19:37

Not to veer off subject too much, after a couple of year's searching I found the book on Ernst Kaltenbrunner by Black on Amazon. Someone had it for $60 so I bought it in Feb. The book doesn't bore.

Debbie

trespasser07

Post by trespasser07 » 24 Mar 2021 12:23

I couldnt get into the Kaltenbrunner book last time I tried I need to give it another go.

I am looking at getting the John Weitz book on Ribbentrop is this any good? Also his bio of Hjalmar Schacht.

Thanks
"We believe in what we do!" - written in Friedrich Rainer's Guestbook by Odilo Globocnik in April 1943.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 24 Mar 2021 13:37

Skip Weiz and get Michael Bloch’s book. Better.

Sid Guttridge

Post by Sid Guttridge » 24 Mar 2021 14:05

Hi Guys,

I would like to see this book (Der starke Mann im Heimatkriegsgebiet - Generaloberst Friedrich Fromm: Eine Biographie
by Bernhard R. Kroener) in English: https://www.amazon.de/s?k=Friedrich+fro ... _sb_noss_2

Fromm was head of the Ersatzheer and built the German Army that conquered most of Europe out of the 100,000 man Reichswehr in only six years. He was also an enigmatic non-player in the Bomb Plot. He is arguably more important than any individual Field Marshall, because all of them were using the men and tools he provided.

Albert Speer said of him: "Fromm knew how to present a problem clearly: he had presence and had diplomatic tact. Sitting there, his sword pressed between his knees, hand on hilt, he looked charged with energy; and to this day I believe that his great abilities might have prevented many a blunder at the Fuhrer’s headquarters."

Cheers,

Sid.

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”