Books published by members

Discussions on books and other reference material on the WW1, Inter-War or WW2 as well as the authors. Hosted by Andy H.
Dora

Post by Dora » 07 Mar 2005, 03:33

All,
My book manuscript "Russia and the Normandy Invasion, the Cross Front Connection" is at Aberjona for review. I hope to hear from them soon.
Dora

Robin Lumsden

Post by Robin Lumsden » 15 Mar 2005, 13:38

I've done a few over the years.

You can see them on:

http://www.robinlumsden.com

Wolfkin

Post by Wolfkin » 18 Apr 2005, 04:19

Hello HaEn!

Glad to see that your book will be published soon. You talked about it before on another thread and I remember about the style that you chose to write the book in, you said on how you wrote it as more of a story than as an autobiography. I am curious as to why this format? Was it easier to write in a story-format than as an autobiography-format?

I am curious because most WWII Veterans have always written about their experiences in an autobiography-format or as a memoir-format or something along those lines. Having your book as a story-format is indeed interesting. Is it explained in your book that you are indeed a veteran or do you choose to not reveal that fact?

Cheers,

Wolfkin

Jeremy Dixon

Commanders of Auschwitz

Post by Jeremy Dixon » 19 Apr 2005, 20:08

My book "COMMANDERS OF AUSCHWITZ" is available now in the US from Schiffer Books. Should be available to the UK in early May

Click on the below link to see and order

http://www.schifferbooks.com/newschiffer/military.php
Last edited by Jeremy Dixon on 19 Apr 2005, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Hargreaves

Post by Richard Hargreaves » 19 Apr 2005, 22:45

My book We Buried our Best on Foreign Soil: The German Defeat in Normandy is with Pen & Sword Books for review. Fingers crossed after 12 years' work!!

Wolfkin

Post by Wolfkin » 18 May 2005, 04:35

Hello HaEn!

Glad to see that your book will be published soon!

I am curious as to if the publisher, Aberjona, has approved it. The reason is that you talked about it before on another thread. I remember about the style that you chose to write the book in, you said on how you wrote it as more of a story than as an autobiography.

Aberjona states in their Author Guidelines that they prefer Unit Histories, Memoirs, Battle and Campaign Histories, Significant Subjects and Reference Studies on Units, Equipment and Personalities. It does not seem that they would like a story-format book. See here for the guidleines:

http://www.aberjonapress.com/author_guidelines.pdf

Cheers,

Wolfkin

Andreas

Post by Andreas » 06 Jun 2005, 16:55

Dora wrote:All,
My book manuscript "Russia and the Normandy Invasion, the Cross Front Connection" is at Aberjona for review. I hope to hear from them soon.
Dora
Hi Dora

Any news on this?

All the best

Andreas

Timm Haasler

Panzerbrigade 105

Post by Timm Haasler » 17 Jul 2005, 07:45

Hi all,

I just published my first book. The book is about Panzerbrigade 105 which was raised in July/August 1944 on the Mielau training ground. On Sept. 1st it was transfered to the West, reaching the area between Liege and Brussels after three days. For almost one week it fought a delaying action between Louvain and Verviers. On Sept. 11th it was trapped to the west of Eupen by 3rd US Arm.Div. and only small groups managed to escape. These small groups fought on for 12 days together with elements of 9. Pz.Div. between the German border and the town of Stolberg. By Sept. 23rd what was left of Pz.Brig. 105 and 9. Pz.Div. were withdrawn from the front and the brigade was integrated into 9. Pz.Div. As the brigade was attached to many other units during this period the book also covers the liberation of Eastern Belgium and the first battle of Aachen seen from German and American side.

The book is mainly based on German and American documents from the NARA and BAMA. Wherever available I integrated eye-witness reports of veterans. I gathered over 140 pictures which had been taken in this area of operation in September 1944, I also added numerous maps to show how the battle was fought. Over 20 attachments will provide additional information's; for instance a complete overview of losses in men and material for the brigade or an OoB's of all German units involved in this area. In all the book has 368 pages and is written in German. An English edition should be out by the end of this year or early next year.

Best regards
Timm Haasler

http://www.schneider-w.de/subskription.html

red devil

Post by red devil » 21 Jul 2005, 20:54

My first ever attempt is not even on the presses yet, but will post details here when known. It will be called "On A Sailor's Grave, (No Roses Grow)" which was sung by the survivors of the Scharnhorst as they were waiting to be rescued by the Royal Navy.

red devil

Post by red devil » 30 Aug 2005, 17:02

red devil wrote:My first ever attempt is not even on the presses yet, but will post details here when known. It will be called "On A Sailor's Grave, (No Roses Grow)" which was sung by the survivors of the Scharnhorst as they were waiting to be rescued by the Royal Navy.
Contract signed, and things should begin moving soon. Now just started another, on Captain FJ Walker RN.

Prit

Post by Prit » 13 Nov 2005, 15:48

I have written a novel about the Stalingrad compaign, available here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/173468

red devil

Post by red devil » 13 Nov 2005, 19:32

Now that sounds like an interesting book, is it factual or fictional story.

Prit

Post by Prit » 14 Nov 2005, 15:22

It's fiction, Red Devil. You can download a couple of pages from the site to get a flavour of it.

It follows some fictional characters in 24 Pz.Div, and a group of their Russian opponents, through the approach to Stalingrad and the battle that follows. There are a few historical characters - von Lenski, commander of 24 Pz.Div, makes a brief appearance, for example.

Prit

red devil

Post by red devil » 12 Dec 2005, 05:55

red devil wrote:My first ever attempt is not even on the presses yet, but will post details here when known. It will be called "On A Sailor's Grave, (No Roses Grow)" which was sung by the survivors of the Scharnhorst as they were waiting to be rescued by the Royal Navy.
Now on the shelves!!!

http://www.woodfieldpublishing.com/inde ... lang=en-uk

Darren J. Whiteside

Post by Darren J. Whiteside » 23 Dec 2005, 03:10

Congrats Mike on your success. I'm also writing a book, and look forward to getting it published one day as well (probably on my own). :D

Return to “Books & other Reference Material”